This all red silk pant suit was bomb. Ms. Lo'field was able to buy the last one that was in stock online. I guess they didn't want me to complain to the CPS about their neglectful ways.

I topped it off with a silver choker and a silver headband. Keeping my hair natural made the outfit stand out even more.

"Now for my mask." I said with a grin. The little box that I had it in was sitting on my desk. I opened it to reveal a nice red lacey mask.

It had some red jewels along the sides of it as well as in the middle

It had some red jewels along the sides of it as well as in the middle. I grinned and put the mask on my face, tying the black string into a knot.

"Alright I'm ready!" I shouted as I walked down the stairs. Jah quickly scrambled to his feet to watch me come down the stairs.

I could feel that his eyes were glued to me. He was gawking at me like he's never seen me all dressed up before.

"Earth to Jahseh." I knocked lightly on his mask.

"I'm here. You look beautiful Venus."

"Why thank you." I kissed his cheek and I could tell that caught him off guard.

"I could teleport us to the main entrance."

"Doesn't that weaken you?"

"Yes but I'll do anything for you. I always wanted to try it with another person."

"Alright but you can only use it this once."

Jahseh nodded and closed his eyes. I felt a weird sensation surround my body and when I blinked, we were in front of the ballroom building.

"Whoa. That's amazing!" I grinned at him.

"It took me awhile to master it but I got it down to the tee."

We walked inside and gave the people who were taking the tickets ours. We then signed in and walked down a hallway that was nicely decorated.

When we came to the main area, I was stunned.

I know I saw it earlier but seeing it again, with people surrounding the beautiful decor just made my heart drop

"Interesting." Jahseh said, interrupting my admiration.

"How so?" I asked.

"So this is what you human's call a dance?"

"Yes. This is one of many social events."

"I see." We walked over to the buffet table. Jah looked at all food, I couldn't see what his reaction to it all was. The mask was blocking that.

He attempted to grab a piece of pizza, I smacked his hand. "That won't work well with your stomach...."

"But the way it looks. I must try it."

"You're not going to ruin our first night out together by fucking yourself up from tasting human food!." I anger whispered to him.

"Whatever you say." Jah walked off. I sighed and took a cup then poured some punch into it.

"Venus hey!" I heard Sabrina's voice yell out to me.

"Hey! Wonderful Job by the way."

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without the student coucil." She smiled.

"Where's your date?"

"He walked off. Not sure where."

"Oh? Is everything alright?"

"Peachy." I said, gulping down the whole cup of punch.

Sabrina looked unconvinced but I didn't care. She doesn't need to pry right now.

"Your pants suit looks gorgeous." Sabrina added.

"Thanks." I said as I was scanning the masks to see if I could spot Jah's.

"Alright, all my couples need to get with their special someone. We are starting this off slow." The DJ annouced. I searched around for Jahseh but couldn't find him anywhere.

The DJ put on the song Gone Away by H.E.R. (Audio in M/M up top)

"Great! I can't find him anywhere." The dance floor was beginning to flood with couples as the song began.

"May I have this dance?" An unfamiliar voice asked me.

"Sorry, I'm looking for someone."

The guy disregarded my denial and took my hand. He led me onto the dance floor. I just slow danced with him to be nice but inside I was annoyed.

"So who are you?"

"It wouldn't be much of a secret if I told you, now would it?"

"Ok but I don't know you, I don't even think I've seen you in school before."

He sighed and let go of me to reval his face.

My eyes widened. "Zamir?" The last time I saw him, was when our parents were taken away. He was my childhood best friend.

"Hey Venus." He said with a soft smile.

Not sure why but my hand connected with his face. I slapped him extra hard. I guess to hard because some people were staring at us.

Zamir rubbed his face and looked at me confused as hell. "Why did you do that?"

"I..." No other words would come out of my mouth, I just walked away. I didn't want to believe it was him.

Vote & Comment 💗👽