"I think I'm already doing that." He let out a slight chuckle.

"Well yeah...that's true."

"I need another mask then."

"We can go shopping for some after school tomorrow. Sabrina was kind enough to give me my ticket for free as well as yours."

Jah just nodded. "Hopefully this is fun. I never been to a dance before."

"It will be, don't worry."

~~

~Friday Afternoon. Day of the Masquerade Dance~

I guess thinking about the dance had me excited all day. I decided to help out with the last of the decorations. It was coming out great. The school had enough money to rent out a ballroom that was close by. 

"Thank you for helping with the finishing touches Venus." Sabrina said, hugging me lightly.

"I did what I could. My arm still hurts but the doctor said I didn't have to wear the arm sling if I didn't want to."

"Good thing. It would've clashed with your dress." Sabrina giggled.

"Eh. I'm not wearing a dress."

She stopped mid-laughter. "Say what?!?!?"

"You'll see what I'm wearing later on. It will look nice. See you this evening." Sabrina nodded and waved.

~~
6:30 p.m.

"Jah, I found the perfect mask for you!" I yelled as I walked up the stairs.

My bedroom door opened and I screamed.

"Calm down Venus

"Calm down Venus. It's just me." Jahseh lifted up his mask to reval his face. I held my hand to my heart, taking deep breaths.

"Geez you scared me. You was standing there looking like a serial killer for the moment."

He frowned. I almost forgot he was actually a murderer. "Anyways, I need to get dressed. Mind waiting for me downstairs?"

"Sure. I'll go and watch the humans in the box again." He poked my cheek and walked off. I laughed and shook my head.

~~
I took awhile to get ready. I wanted to be perfect for tonight, perfect enough for Jahseh. Even though the stitches on my forehead and chin were  imperfections on my face. Maybe the mask will distract people from staring or asking about what happened.

I'm sure they know already. There was a news report about it on TV as well as it being reported in the newspapers.