12

"Romeo?!"

-

-

Lucy stared at the young boy, then looked over at me. I shrugged and smiled,

"I just found him." I said grinning. Lucy gave Romeo a big hug and I smiled.

"So how's your dad Romeo?" Lucy asked Romeo thinking of his perverted father.

The young boy stayed quiet, his eyes averted to the ground. I heard a tear splatter on the clean floor of the store. I walked over and gave Romeo a hug embracing him in my arms. Lucy looked guilty for asking the question.

"Oh Romeo...what happened?" I asked softly playing with his black hair. The young magic user sniffled hugged me tighter, he then looked up to look at Lucy who walked closer to us.

"D-ad...he d-died a couple m-months ago..." Romeo said quietly. I hugged him even tighter and squeezed back my tears, Lucy gasped and covered her mouth with tears in her big brown eyes. No...Macao...not him.

I sniffled back a sob, I had to be strong for Romeo. I had to be strong for everyone.

"H-how?" Lucy asked softly tears streaming down her face.

I felt Romeo move in my tight embrace, I had strangely stayed quiet through all of this. I guess this was just as hard for me. Macao was like a father figure to me, he made fun of me for hanging out with the guys so much, but they were the only friends I had. He was always there for me when I had friendship problems. I knew I could always count on Macao. 

"He got poisoned on a job he went on. It was 5 months ago..." Romeo said broken. I shook my head in denial.

"No...he can't be dead." I said not believing it. I shook my head as tears fell out, I let go of Romeo who was in shock. I was always the level-headed one. The one everyone could count on, and now they're seeing me cry.

"Macao isn't gone!" I shouted crying as I ran outside of the shop leaving the other costumers nosy with curiosity. Lucy and Romeo ran out after me. I fell on my knees crying, I didn't look at my two fellow mages who were crying as well.

Tears rolled down my face as the memories ran through my head. I have to be strong for everyone. For myself. My family. I lifted my head and squinted at the bright sun. I looked up at the blonde and black haired mages.

"I'm okay now."