day zero✈️

{may be mistakes}

day zero: warning

"please don't leave!" the boy screams on the telly as harry smirks. watching fresh prince of bel air all by himself, he thinks that carlton does indeed look like a keeper but he's always full of himself-which harry really dislikes in men.

"i-i have to carlton! it's not you, it's me," the girl whispers to carlton, looking at the ground with a frown.

"well isn't that the greatest breakup line in the world?" harry whispers to himself, laughing and turning off the telly and finally walking upstairs to his peaceful bedroom. he slowly drags his feet into the room and sighs dramatically only to see his black and white cat, curly, laying on the bed cleaning his paws with caution.

he grins in awe as he makes his way over to curly, smoothing his head gently. curly looks up at him with love, eyes reflecting the same forest green color as harry's.

"we'll find someone special one day. one day curly," harry assures, curly purring faintly in response.

harry sighs knowing that curly doesn't quite understand how it feels to be lonely and yes--harry  admits that he is. from previous relationships, he learned that he could never be in one for long which saddens him a bit. his ex girlfriend, taylor, always complained how he never showed interest in her most of times and how it made her angry so with that, harry ended the five month relationship knowing that finally he would be able to sleep and do things in peace.

with the side order of being lonely again.

loosing track of thoughts, his phone vibrates inside his black skinny jeans. he pulls out the device, sliding the word 'answer' across the screen without looking a the caller id.

"harry? you're not answering the window call,"

"sorry zayn, i was feeding curly." harry lies. he knew zayn was throwing rocks at his window but didn't bother to open it because his thoughts of being lonely took control of him.

"just open the damn window, styles!" zayn groans through the phone as wind blows strongly in the background. harry chuckles.

"just come throu-"

"harry, you know your landlord hates the shit out of me. ever since he caught me smoking in the your bathroom, he banned me!"

"he likes everyone, zayn. not every short chubby guy hates you, you know?"

zayn huffs,"yeah but he still lets niall into the building after he caught him wanking off in the washing room when he was staying over. yeah sure he doesn't hate me, sure."

"well the irish man has his ways of luck," harry jokes, getting up to open the window for zayn. he hangs up the call and sticks his head out the window frame. "feeling cold, yeah?"

"damn you, harry." zayn whispers to himself as he climbs painstakingly up the brick wall to harry's room without getting caught. it was always like this; him calling harry, harry opening the window, letting him in secretly without getting noticed. zayn felt lucky that he had a best friend like harry because most likely without him, he would be dead.

"come on bradford, come faster!" harry yells-whispers to zayn making him laugh loudly as he continues to climb up the metal ladder.

"that's what she said,"

harry corrects him, " he said,"

zayn finally makes it up to the window, pushing harry out the way and, landing face flat into the carpet floor. curly purrs loudly and harry chuckles thinking that indeed, curly is making fun of zayn's sudden fail. zayn gets up from the floor, taking off his boots and limping to the bed, jumping onto it not caring if curly likes it or not.

"have you done any research?" he starts, putting his hands behind his head. "you know, the one about the soulmates?"

harry snorts, taking off his white t-shirt, "you mean that bullshit? then no, i haven't then. what's so special about it anyways?"

roughly around a week ago, zayn started talking about this article he read about this newly wedded couple that found each other and knew they were soulmates right on the spot because their names were on their wrists. apparently, at a certain time-whenever that is- your soulmate's name appears on your wrist which zayn thought was truly amazing so he told harry.

"but it's cool!" zayn protests, wriggling an index finger at curly, who's silently growling at zayn.

"curly be nice!" harry warns and curly stops eye killing zayn. "anyways, i think it's stupid because soulmates don't exist! lovers, yes but soulmates? definitely a no for me,"

ever since his last relationship with taylor and past ones, he knew there was no such thing as soulmates because no couple stays together forever. love doesn't go on forever, it has to vanish at some point in a relationship. soulmates always reminded harry of his parents with his mum telling him "i thought your dad and i were soulmates but guess not now."

considering his mum believed too much in love, he considered that he should never get his hopes up when it came to being love.

"whatever, i believe in it. i don't know about you," zayn sighs, waving his foot at curly, teasing him for fun. harry huffs before he smiles at action in front of him.

"whatever. pizza tonight? we can sneak out so larry won't see you," harry suggests, grabbing a washed black tee shirt from his closet rack. zayns eagerly nods.

"fuck yes. well we know larry and i are definitely not soulmates!" he jokes, lifting up curly which causes curly to growl faintly at the move. "oh come on, don't be a pussy, curls," he whispers to him.

harry roll his eyes, "he's a cat. he's a pussy cat, what the hell do you expect?"

zayn smirks, "ha, pussy cat, you have a pussy cat but you don't like pus-"

"my god zayn, let him go before you throw him out the window. let's go!" harry snaps but secretly hides a laugh.

"i would love to throw larry out the window," zayn mumbles, carrying out curly along with him. harry turns off the light and exits the room wondering how the hell did zayn become so crazy.

{omg, well this was unexpected idek why lol. i have to admit writing 3rd person for the first time is hard but fun actually lol. any feedback?}