Chapter Twenty-Five

Candace Miller

I sat on the hard plastic seats, clutching my ticket home, and waiting for my flight to be called.

  I called Madison.

 "Hello?" His voice sounded so good to my ears.

 "Madison?" My voice cracked.

 "What's wrong? What happened?" He sounded alarmed. Always looking out for me.

  "Can...Can I talk to Mrs. Alamia?"

 "Candace. What happened."

  "Just let me talk to her." I growled.

 He sighed, and a feminine voice came over the speaker. "Candace?"

  "Mrs. Alamia? Can you please pick me up at the airport when my plane arrives?"

 "Sweetie, what happened? Yes, of course."

   "Call my mom and find out. But don't let her force me to live there. Please." I begged.

 "Wh... Live wh... Okay, sweetie. When is your plane getting here?"

  I looked at the ticket. The flight was two and a half hours long. It was 3:32 PM now. My plane was taking off at four. "Six thirty."

  "Alright, hon. I'll be there. And I'll call Brenda."

 "Thank you. Bye." I hung up.

  From Spikey Mikey: You're coming home!? :D Why?

   Mom got a job in OK. Moving there, wanted me to come. I said no, and we got into this massive arguement about how I said you guys were my family and the only people who cared about me and she hated that. I said you guys were more family than they'd ever be and left. Told them not to call, not to come after me, and forget my existence. No one came after me, so I guess I'm family-less and have no where to stay.

   You are never family-less. And you have seven homes to choose from :) We're always here for you. Always. Especially me. <3<3<3<3<3

   I love you. <3

 I had to board the plane then, and turn my phone off. The ache was finally setting in. I had just basically told my mom to forget me and stay the hell away.

  Was it worth it?

***

I've never been happier, walking off of that God awful plane and seeing the people that meant the world to me. Mrs. Alamia was crying, smiling at me. The boys... well, to say the least, they nearly killed me.

  "Mom told us everything your mom told her. I'm so sorry." Madison whispered. Mikey kissed my cheek, never letting go of my hand.

  Just barely through the guys, I saw one huge black mohawk. Jared Madridejos's mohawk. All of the ICONic Boyz were here to bring me home.

  Julian scampered over, jumping on my back. "Ahh! You're back!" He said, looking at me under his cap of black hair.

  "I'm back. For good."

 Chris led us back to the ginormous Escalade that Mrs.A had driven. The boys got in and she held me back.

  "I talked to your mother. She said she's going to put me in full custody of you, mail your birth certificate and papers and everything you'll ever need to me. Welcome to the family, sweetie." She smiled.

  "Thanks, Mrs. Alamia." I hugged her.

 "Please, call me Danielle."

  "Thanks, Danielle."

(A/N: I know her name isn't really Danielle, but I cannot find it ANYWHERE! So let's pretend that it's Mrs. Danielle Alamia :) )

***

  "I don't care what anyone says, you are not my sister." Madison said, as we all sat around the dining room table of my home. It felt so good to call it that.

  "Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically.

 "I can't hit on my sister. That's incest. The only way your last name will ever be Alamia is when we get married." He grinned.

  "I'll marry Nick before I marry you, sweetheart." I sneered.

 "WOOH!" Nick threw his arms up. I squeezed Mikey's hand under the table.

  "And I'll marry Jason before Nick." Nick's mouth fell open.

 "What?! I thought we had a connection, Candace," He sniffed.

   My phone vibrated on the table. Four boys lunged for it at once but I reached it first.

 From Spikey Mikey: Something you'd like to tell me?

  I'll marry you before anyone. If I don't marry you, I'll stay single forever. #SingleSwagg

   Mikey laughed beside me, reading the text. Love you <3

  Love you too. <3

   "Candace, how old are you?" Josh asked.

  "Thirteen, why?" I smiled at him. He was too darn cute!

   "You're too young to marry anyone. And if you do get married anytime soon, it should be to Vinny."

  We all gaped at him. Mouths hanging open. Eyes wide.

 "But I'm dating Mikey."

   "You go better with Vinny."

 "Why do you say that?"

  "You have so much in common. You look good with Mikey, but Vinny's-"

 "How about we go outside?" Madison interrupted.

  "Great idea." I muttered, standing up and pulling a stunned Mikey with me.

 "Do you have feelings for Vinny?" Mikey asked suddenly, and stopped walking.

  That was something I needed to ask myself. Did I? Yes. But Mikey didn't need to know. I loved Mikey.

  "No, I don't." I looked him in the eyes. Those gorgeous brown eyes of his made me melt.

 "Good." He smiled and pulled me closer to him, placing his lips on mine, not caring that all fourteen other ICONic Boyz were outside with us and watching.