Chapter Fifteen

Mikey Fusco

 I put my earphones in my ears and turned Eminem on full blast. This was undeniably one of the worst days ever.

  Candace went to Vinny's house to spend the night, then her dad dies and I'm not there for her. We all felt like utter shit, just sitting around the house while she was probably balling her eyes out.

  Madison was going insane, pacing back and forth across the room, shaking his head and ruffling his hair.

  "We have to go over there!" He declared, stopping in front of us. I paused Rabbit Run and listened. "I'll go tell my mom. I don't care what anyone says I just hate being away from her when she needs me like this." With that, Madison ran to Mrs. Alamia's bedroom.

  It was midnight, literally. I wiped a falling tear from my cheek and pulled my Vlados on my feet, along with the other boys. We looked like death.

  Louis had red puffy eyes and Jason had a tissue stuffed up his nose so he didn't have to keep wiping it. Nick's always perfect hair was sticking up everywhere. Thomas had a red face. I didn't even want to know what I looked like in fear of going blind.

  "Let's go." Madison was back. I adjusted my hat and we left through the door.

***

If only you could have seen the faces of Mr. and Mrs. Castronovo when we knocked on their door.

 "Hi." Madison said.

 "Hello boys," Mr. Castronovo looked tired and sad.

 "Uh... we're here to see Vin and Candace."

  "In Vincent's room." They moved aside for us to file in the door. We left our shoes on the mat and and walked to Vinny's room.

  It was dead quiet in there, they were both asleep. In his bed. In his arms.

 "Aw," Louis said, smiling. I glared at the ground, biting my lip.

  ''Let's wake 'em up." Madison started to jump on the bed. Jason turned on the light.

 Candace fell onto the floor, with an audible thump. "You are dead, Madison." She said into Vinny's rug.

  We laughed, and Mad helped her up.

 "What are you guys doing here?" Vinny yawned, glancing at the clock.

  "You said come over tomorrow. It's technically tomorrow." Nick sat on the edge of the bed.

 "I love how no matter where were at, we always come together to cry." Candace had obviously been crying a lot.

  "You all wanna stay in my room or go to the living room?"

 "I like to cry in private," Thomas said.

  ''We have spare blankets and pillows and stuff upstairs." Vinny rubbed his eyes and left the room, the others following after him. Except for me, Candace, and Madison.

  Madison wrapped her in a hug, resting his chin on top of her head. "You okay?" He mumbled.

 "No... But getting better." She kissed his cheek and he left the room too. Then she turned to me.

  "Hey," She sighed and opened her arms. I smiled and hugged her tightly.

 "What it do, doe?" I whispered, a smile in my voice. Candace nuzzled into my neck.

  "I'm glad you came,"

 I pulled back slightly so I could look at her face. We both grinned and burst into song.

 "The sun goes down, the stars come out, and all I comes is here and now. My universe will never be the same. I'm glad you came, I'm glad you came." We sang together, ending with laughter.

  "I missed you, Mikey." She sighed.

 "I was never gone," I said, and the boys decided to come back in the room, loaded down with bed things.

  We made a pallet on the floor, and it was actually more comfortable than a bed. I wanted to sit by Candace but Madison was latched onto her, and Nick on her other side.

  "Guys... I don't want to cry. I'm tired of it." Candace sighed, looking at me. "I'm sorry you wasted time walking over here just to sit and sleep."

  "What are you talking about? We didn't waste anything. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now." Louis said.

  (A/N: Okay, sorry, but I'm watching ABDC right now and the ICONic Boyz are on it!! I keep thinking of how coincidental it is that I'm writing about them and they suddenly pop up on my television. xD Back to the story!! <3)

  Candace smiled at him, and it lit up her whole face. It was hard to believe that she had been crying earlier, and that her dad had just died. I doubted myself about it.

   "Stop right there, Lou. Let's not get all emotional. You guys aren't like this. You're wild, and crazy, and just flat out weird. And I love that." She said. "I mean, come on, you're hip hop dancers. Not these sad, boring doughnut holes."

  "What?" Several of us asked.

 "I really have no idea what the hell just came out of my mouth. I'm tired."

  "When you get tired, you change. You get incredibly smart, brutally honest, and you cuss. A lot." Madison clarified.

  "And you ramble on about pointless stuff," Jason added.

 "Jase, you do that all the time." She nudged him with her foot. He grinned and nodded.

   "So... Now what?" Thomas asked, voicing our thoughts.

 "I don't know about you guys, but I'm exhausted." Jason said.

  "Because you're the early bird of the group. But yeah, I am too." Nick said, yawning.

 "What time is it?" Louis asked. Now we were all yawning, thanks to Nick.

   I stifled my own yawn and said, "Almost twelve thirty."

 "You know what I find so damn retarded? Society. Like who the fu-" Candace started to say but Madison covered her mouth with both hands.

  "You should just stop talking. Why don't we go to sleep? We'll talk more in the morning when we can pay attention and use appropriate language." Mad glanced at Candace for the last part. I grinned at her as she rolled her eyes and pulled his hand off.

  "Gross. I really do not know where your hands have been, I don't want to know, and I definitely do not want them anywhere near my mouth." She grimaced.

  "Like your hands have been anywhere better?" Madison pointed to me then grinned. "I'm kidding." He said quickly.

  Candace laughed that beautiful, amazing laugh of hers. I smiled to myself.