Chapter Sixteen

Candace Miller

I cracked open an eye and looked around. The sun was just coming, illuminating the sky with it's brilliant gold light.

  I was cradled to Madison's chest, his arms around my stomach. Nick was laying full-out on my chest, and Vinny was snuggled up to my foot. Louis had Jason's ear gripped in his hand. Mikey had his foot in a very dangerous and painful place for Thomas. With one simple nudge, T-Money would be in tears.

  I gently moved Nick off of me and onto Jason, and freed my foot from Vin. Madison was more difficult. I had to wriggle and pull his arms carefully to slip out of his grasp. I stood up and looked around at all their sleeping innocent faces.

 "Ha, innocent." I snorted quietly and picked my way around their bodies and out the door.

 I loved the Castronovo house. They had this balcony that led out from revolving glass doors in the kitchen. It was a lot like the deck the Alamia's had but smaller and more... elegant, if that makes sense. It was a truly beautiful house. 

  I sighed and leaned on the railing. It was quiet, and peaceful. A perfect place to think. Which is exactly what I needed to do.

  I was falling for Vinny. But I was falling faster and harder for Mikey. I was literally on the brink of being in love with Mikey, and Vin was a little behind. Kissing Vinny was... amazing. There are seriously no words to describe how great it was and how happy I felt. But when Mikey and I kissed, it was perfect. Legit perfection. I pondered over my kiss with him every day, how sweetly his lips had brushed mine, how his tongue was so soft. Nothing like I expected. Then again, that could have all just been my imaginiation in anticipation of my first kiss.

  My dad was dead.

 Never coming back. And he was all the way in London, England. What about his funeral? Would they... ship his body back to America? Could they? He'd want to be buried in his home state, Oklahoma. Most of my dad's side of the family lived there. He was born and raised in a little town by the name of Sapulpa, whereas my mother was born in California. How they met and moved to New Jersey, I'll never know.

  My mother. No doubt she would still travel the world for business with Mr. Alamia. But would Mrs. Alamia be okay with that? She wasn't the jealous type, and it's not as if my mom and Mr. A would do anything. I know they wouldn't. I'm positive.

  Then there was school to think about in a few months. God, I wasn't ready for that. And dance. Madison wanted me to join ICON, and the boys were backing him up about it. Did I want to be a dancer? Was the dancing life for me? I didn't think I was that good, actually. Nothing compared to those girls. And I didn't even get along with girls! They'd all hate me, like other girls did.

  Girls at school all hated me because I was always with the boys. They were jealous because I got to live with Mad and sleep over with the boys. I was called slut multiple times and been accused for sleeping with them. So, eventually, I just stopped talking to girls completely. I just hoped the ICON girls weren't like that...

  I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

 "You're up early," A voice said softly behind me.

  "I could say the same to you." I said as Mikey moved to stand beside me. I turned slightly to face him.

 He smiled and looked down. When he didn't talk, I looked back to over-looking the scenery from the balcony.

  "Did you sleep well?" He finally asked. His voice gave away that he was implying something, but I didn't dwell on it.

  "I might have if Nick hadn't been drooling on me."

 Mikey chuckled. "Yeah, he does that a lot." Before the conversation could get awkward, he said, "What did you and Vinny do last night?"

  He didn't say it in an intruding tone, just curious.

 "Watched a scary movie with Bi. What did you guys do?"

  "Video games. Dance. Everything," He smiled at me.

  "Sounds fun. Better than what we were doing," I smiled back, starting to shiver a little in the cool morning air.

  "I don't want to pressure you into anything but I'm dying to know if... If you have feelings for me too." Mikey licked his lips. I could tell he noticed me trying to stifle my shivering and want to hug me.

  "I do." I said after a long pause.

 His mouth quirked up at the corner, and he turned his body around so we were facing each other.

   I looked into those deep brown eyes of his and smiled to myself, not caring that I had actually just told him that. I didn't care if he didn't love me back. He just needed to know the truth.

 "You have no idea how long I've waited to hear that." Mikey sighed.

  "You have no idea how long I've wanted to say it." With that, I turned around and started to walk back to the doors. Mikey caught my wrist lightly.

  "Wait." He said.

 I turned back around. "What?"

 Mikey leaned in and touched his lips to mine. When our lips connected, he released my wrist. One hand rested on my hip, the other on the small of my back, pulling me closer. I put my arms around his neck, playing with his hair.

  He wasn't called Spikey Mikey for nothing.

 That boy had some seriously spikey hair. But I liked it.

 ''Only you can touch the spikes," He said against my lips, smiling. I laughed softly, and pulled away, resting our foreheads on each other's.

  "I'm falling for you, Mikey." I murmured.

 He then said three words to me. No, not 'I love you.' He said something that was even better, something that touched my heart and made me smile and cry silent tears of joy.

 "I'll catch you."