Chapter Fourteen

Vinny Castronovo

Candace had fallen asleep on my chest, still crying her heart out. I reached around her and got my phone from the table as gently as I could.

  I did a group text to all of the boys; Billy's passed away.

 MadBoy: WHAT?!

 T-Money: Oh no D': Is Candy okay?? Are u?

 Spikey Mikey: Want us to come over?

Me: No, it's too late and Candace is already asleep. Tomorrow though?

 Nicholicious: Damn, I thought he was getting better </3

 Da Pitbull: I'm so sorry.. Rest In Paradise, Billy

 No Bonez: Hug from me. </3

"Vincent?" Mom whispered. It was nine o'clock.

  "Yeah?"

 "Why don't you take her on up to your room," Mom kissed her forehead. ''Bless her heart."

 I carried Candace bridal-style up the steps, watching her beautiful face instead of where I was going and stubbing my toe. "Ow," I muttered under my breath. Bianca and Alessandra were crying in Bi's room. Tears stung my eyes.

  "Vinny?" Candace whispered. I pulled the sheets up around her.

 "Yes?"

  "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

 "The couch."

  "No." Candace was sitting up now, glaring at me.

 "I don't mind letting you sleep in my bed. The couch isn't that bad." To be honest, I hoped she offered that I sleep in the bed with her. Just to have her in my arms...

  "Come on." She said and lifted up the covers, sliding over. I smiled to myself in the dark and crawled in next to her.

   "Everything will be okay," I whispered after a few moments of silence and she started crying again. I would start crying again, and we didn't want that because I snot when I cry.

  "It's alright, honey." I murmured. I pulled her close to my chest, my shirt already becoming tear-stained.

  Yeah, I was crying now.

 We just lay there, crying and holding each other for hours.

 "T-thank you, Vin," Candace said, calming down a little.

 "For?"

  "Being there for me, through everything."

 "My pleasure," I whispered. I could see her face faintly in the glow of the moon shining through my window.

  What a crazy night! I wasn't bold or spontaneous, but I was both right now, leaning forward. Oh my God, was I about to kiss Candace? Was she going to let me? I really like her... I'm glad she's going to be my first kiss. But Mikey was hers...

  Her lips were salty with tears, but the kiss couldn't have been more perfect.

 What did this mean? Were we a couple now? When she and Mikey kissed, they didn't date. God, I want to date her. I want her to be mine, only mine. But wait. What if she still had feelings for Mikey? He still had them for her. Then again, who didn't have feelings for Candace? Madison did, and he lived with her. Jason did. Nick used to. I definitely did.

  But if she still had feelings for Mikey, would she be kissing me right now?

 This kiss was long, way longer than five seconds and I was feeling light headed. Whether from joy or the fact that I hadn't took a breath in how long?

  I pulled away, smiling. That. Was. Amazing.

 Candace bit her lip and looked down. I lifted her chin up and touched our lips together one more time. I might not ever get to kiss her again, after all.

   "We should go to sleep. The boys will be here in the morning," I said.

 "Vinny..." Candace sighed. Oh, that was her Bad News Voice. "I still like Mikey."

"You love him, don't you?" I asked. Okay, this night was bad again.

  "I'm sorry. I wish I didn't because you are the sweetest guy and I love you but..."

 "Is there any point in waiting?"

   "I honestly don't know."

 "Answer me this, do you like me? More than a friend."

  "Yes."

 "You're in love with Mikey though."

  "...Yes..."

 I sighed again and lay on my back. "Then why did you hold my hand? Cuddle on the couch? Why did you let me kiss you?"

  "Because I don't believe that Mikey loves me back. And I thought I'd start to fall in love with you."

 "Did you?''

  "I did. But Mikey's... I don't know, Vin. I don't know."

 We fell into silence and, eventually, sleep.