Ch 8 - She's Back

Ever felt like complete garbage and hours later you look at your lover or crush and they see how bad you are? Been there. My first 5 pm to 4:30 AM shift I slept for maybe three or four hours and Ashley saw how bad I was. Years ago before me and Wattpad weren't even thought of.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Issei is in shock himself. Clearly he wasn't informed either. But she was quick to see him. "Hello Issei. Been a while."

"Yo why is my future baby mama talking to your dumb ass?" Asked Matsuda.

"Child friends. That's all." She smiled.

"Alright Miss. Shidou you can sit next Mr. (FN) over there. Please take your seat."

Oh man does she even remember me? Like at all?

"Hey Irina you remember this guy?" Asked Xenovia.

"Wait... (FN)? My goodness is that you?"

"Hi Irina." You just smile at her. "Do you have any idea how long it's been?"

"I'd say about ten years."

"Yeah. Pardon my attire. Rough morning. After school I'll explain myself. Sound good?"

"Yes please."

I wasn't dreaming. Not casting an illusion. Heck if I casted an illusion of her I would probably be a mess. But she was in my class. Next to me none the less. But what about who I am? Why I was gone? Does she crush on Issei like the other girls do besides Koneko? Easy. Easy man. One step at a time.

~~~~~

The final bell rings as you meet Irina by the water fountain. It was time to catch up. You even had a stretch of an hour nap in the nurse's (SHUT UP NURSE) office. It was just the two of you.

Irina was sincerely trying to catch up. For what was the real question. "So (FN) what happened all that time ago? It was like my best friend just disappeared."

"Well Irina I was forced to move. It's a lot. I'm not sure how you would take it."

"Hey. I may wish you and Issei weren't Devils but as you can tell we're still friends."

"It wasn't my decision. Nor it under my control Irina. The same people did it twice."

"What people."

"Irina... My parents were murdered by Fallen Angels ten years ago. My Dad gave me his sword and hid me in the closet. They somehow didn't find me."

"What about you being a Devil?"

"They attacked me and Rias and Issei saved me. Kinda how it starts. Not much else."

"Come here you." She wraps around you in a hug.

How is this hug so warm? It's warmer than Rias giving a hug. And that's something.

"What happened after that night? Who did you stay with?"

"Father Yukinari. Until recently when Rias made me a part of her House. But enough about me. Really. How have you been the last decade?"

"Just been working for the church and eventually to the side of Lord Michael."

"Ohhh..." She is out of me league.

"Hey (FN)?" It was Xenovia a few feet away. Not sure if she was ruining the moment or you were being saved by the bell. It was interesting to say the least.