Ch 1 - Illusion

Thanks to Samesodo for the first one to suggest this. I am very hyped to do this one. I had stick to rules and get creative. I'm proud for what's ahead.

Also note I will have some references to other anime, games, and titles. Chapter One will be setting it up the (FN) or First Name character. Chapter Two will become when he becomes a Devil. You'll find out the rest. Eventually.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Ten years ago this weapon literally saved my life. But at the same time it's the reason why I stand all alone. I think I was too young to inherit this God damn thing. From a distance just looks like some weird rapier sword. But in actuality it's Excalibur Nightmare. And I know what this object means for some. It's a piece of the original Excalibur. Has the power to cast illusions. And one night this thing saved my life.

I was just a kid bouncing on my father's knee at the time

I was just a kid bouncing on my father's knee at the time. The sword. He told me it was just a family heirloom. Didn't think nothing of it. Neither did Issei or Irina my childhood friends at the time.

~~~~~

Your father was letting you sit next to him as your mother was on the sofa waiting with a camera nearby. He was carrying the legendary weapon you thought was just a crazy looking sword. A rapier that looked like some sort of drill element to it.

"Son I have a surprise for you." He smiled.

"Really Dad? What is it?" You hopped off his leg and started jumping up and down in a hyperactive state.

"Settle down (FN). This is my priced possession. She is yours now. Please do your old man a favor and take care of it. Protect it with your life."

"I'm confused Dad. What's so special about it besides it's shape?"

"This is a piece of Excalibur. It can change dreams and create illusions. I will teach you everything you know by when you become a man. I promise you." Your mother was very proud of this moment. She hugged you and poured your father a drink. He was happy as he took a sip and put his glass down. "Smile (FN). You'll remember this for the rest of your life."

Your mother takes a few photos which come out great from the Polaroid. Then all sit down to feast. Everyone puts their hands together before hand. Your mother kicks it off. "Dear Lord. We would like to thank you for this food, our good health, and our son one day joining us against the fight of good or bad. Amen."