26

The next morning

Lauren's POV

My eyes slowly open and close in attempts to adjust to the slightly brightened room. The sunlight delicately making its way through the curtains and into Camila's bedroom. Wait- Camila's room. I'm in her bed. I feel a comfortable warmth across my front and my eyes shoot open in when I remember that she asked me to stay. I see Camila with her back to my front and my arm is draped across her waist. It feels so comfortable and wrong at the same time. Friends totally cuddle like this, stop overthinking this.

Her hair looks tousled and messy, yet carefully manipulated by the gods to look so perfect. The slow, gentle breathing coming from her is so serene. The rhythmatic noise is sending me back into a sleepy state and I close my eyes again.

Before I can fall asleep, I hear soft noises and she makes small movements in my arms. It's clear that she is waking up and look at her again. How could anybody look so perfect waking up after a drunken rest. Oh right, she's probably going to need the aspirin I set out earlier.

I was too stuck in my thoughts and felt a stronger movement in my arms than before. Before I know it, I am staring into the chocolaty brown eyes that I never want to miss. Her face with an adorable sleepy and content expression is facing mine and I see a smile spread across her lips. I just realized that she no longer has her make up on and she probably looks even more beautiful than before. Snap out of it Lauren, what are you thinking???

Camila's POV

I wake up feeling slightly dizzy and nauseous, so I lay there for a moment to get a grip on reality. Honestly, most of last night is a blur and not much is coming back to me except one thing. That thing is why I feel so comfortable right now, why my body doesn't feel like rejecting all the liquid I stupidly drank last night like it usually does when I drink too much. I turn around and see my one memory from last night looking down at me. She doesn't seem to notice, despite me being right in front of her, so I look directly into her emerald orbs. They immediately flashed to meet mine and her grin grows bigger.

My head no longer hurts, almost like she is my medicine, my cure. "Hey, how is your head doing?" I shake my head. "Surprisingly doesn't hurt at all." She gave me a hug and rested her head in the crook of my neck. "It was totally the cuddles, you're welcome." She is so cute.

A phone starts ringing and pulls us from our hug/ snuggle/ whatever you want to call it. Lauren stands up and grabs it to see who was calling so early. She answers it and puts it on speaker phone, allowing me to hear.

"Who do you think you are sneaking out last night so you can avoid these hangovers? We all suffer together even if one person decides to be a party pooper and doesn't drink. Get your butt over here and bring us to food." Dinah screams out at her and I cover my ears in attempts to make it quieter. "Waffle House! I want Waffle House! Take us to Waffle house Lauren!" Ally is chanting her favorite place in the background like a two year old. "Mani, wake up. Lauren is taking us to Waffle House and it's already 1:30 pm." Dinah says without Lauren confirming the trip yet. "Fine, only because I haven't eaten yet today. Be ready in 20 minutes." She hangs up and rolls her eyes.

"I guess we are getting something to eat. You want to come with?" As if on cue, my stomach lets out a small growl and she starts giggling. "I'll take that as a yes, go get dressed" She saunters to the bathroom. She's really cute.