I could feel my legs starting to shake and the pressure in my stomach grow so big I was afraid I would throw up. I begged for my head to stop, to stop with all the mean things or truths it was saying but it didn't. Why would it listen to me if it just tried to make me understand?

I sobbed hard and dropped the pan I had been holding to the bottom of the sink when my legs started to give out. But then there were strong arms around me, circling me with warmth again. I couldn't breath without a sob interrupting me. Tears continued to fall down as I let my head drop back against Jungkook's shoulder. I was trying to focus only on the feeling of him hugging me but it was hard with my head telling me how his arms were resting against my stomach fat. I was scared he'd notice it too.

Then, I thought I had gone deaf. Not in a way that I couldn't hear anything, but in a way people died in movies: seeing the light. This time, I heard the light, or rather an angel's voice.

The voices in my head had gone silent. Maybe they too wanted to hear Jungkook humming against my ear, voice so soft that it was like walking on clouds. My legs still felt weak but for a completely different reason. Then, he started to sing and my whole body went limp in his hold.

I had had no idea he could sing. How had I not known?

It was so beautiful and effortless, so perfect. It made me wonder if the world had created his voice from all the things I was lacking. If that was the case, I was happy to be like this. I was happy with how people treated me and how I was stuck in life, how nothing I did was enough, if it was the reason his voice existed.

I had no idea what he was singing. I had never heard the song before and couldn't tell the lyrics but it was beautiful. Tears dried on my cheeks and I could breathe in the notes he sang. The colors in the world that had just seemed too dark and harsh were no longer that. Now they were covered by a magical mist that made them much more delicate and smooth. Jungkook swayed us from side to side and I pressed my nose against his neck.

Peace. My mind was in peace. Sure, it would vanish any second now, but I knew it could be achieved. And that gave me hope.

Sumin cleared her throat behind us. Jungkook slowly whirled us around without letting me go, and I grinned against his neck. I opened my now swollen eyes to meet Sumin's gaze. She looked like she was about to say something but ended up shaking her head and rolling her eyes with a sigh.

"C'mon, tell us. Can we not hug anymore?" Jungkook teased and pressed a kiss on top of my head. I could feel how he was still worried, but I pressed my hands about his to assure him.

Sumin glanced at me and I knew she was looking at my red eyes. "No, I'm sorry... You can hug."

"Did he apologize from you?" I asked like Jungkook wasn't standing right there.

"Yes, and it's fine. You guys are together. Just... Warn the girl next time, okay? Text me 'get out' and I'll be gone despite it being totally rude." She smiled and lifted a plastic bag from the doorway on the table. She peeked behind me and noticed the pile of water dripping, clean dishes. "You did the dishes without me asking for you to?" She raised her brows. "Damn, you must really feel bad. It's already behind me, guys! Don't worry."

I watched her walking around the kitchen, taking items from the bag on the table and putting them to their places. "Sumin?"

She hummed.

"Did you go to the store?" As far as I had known, we were broke. I knew my mom was leaving us money but I knew we were in big trouble because we never knew when she did that. I had been about to ask from Yoongi's mom if I could get a paycheck every week, even if it was a little bit of money. That way we'd get money more stably than from my mom.