Part 2 Chapter 33

Start from the beginning

"Sure," I said deciding to go along with this weird bride thing to get out of him what I wanted, "you can think of this as an early wedding present to me."

"Early wedding present fairy ass," Henry muttered under his breath.

"Okay, I will do it then,if this is what you want." Arnold said, "But first, lend my soldiers some of your powers so we can give death to beings that lack the ability to die."

"Wait a minute," I said and held up my pointer finger to him. "You want me to lend you my powers?"

Yeah, that so wasn't happening! It was already kind of unnerving that he had the power to make life out of things that weren't live. He was truly crazy if he thought that I was going to give him the power to bring back the dead! I had just heard him say it would be interesting to watch monsters kill the people of his own world! Dude had messed up ideas of entertainment and I wasn't going to give him the ability to create his own source of it.

I turned to where I thought Henry was only to find he was no longer standing there, "Henry!?" I called turning around in a circle and looking every which direction to see if my eyes could spot him, but it was like he had dissolved into thin air.

I turned back to Arnold, "Did you see where he went!?" I asked him.

Arnold shook his head his brown loose curls moving with the motion, "No but I bet it was back to his body. Unlike you and your father, my teacher, I can't see the spirits of the dead, but I can see the spirits of the still living better than even you. He was..." Arnold's dull brown eyes traveled up to the sky and he began to pat the side of his leg. He seemed to be at a loss for words, "having an out of body experience," he finally said.

"So he's alive!?" I asked.

He nodded and I let out a small breath in relief.

"Didn't you see his spirit still had eyes? Didn't you ever hear the expression the eyes are the windows to the soul on earth? Well, I think of it this way, when the spirit leaves the body they must leave through an opening and therefore they shatter their eyes in order to escape outside because glass is easy to break. Eyes are a figurative window.  At least that's what your dad told me."

I stood in shocked silence. The reason that the ghosts I saw didn't have eyes now made sense to me now, well kind of. There was a similar saying in our world too. It went something like the eyes are the looking-glass to the underworld in which the soul turns in endless cycles. But why didn't my dad tell me that.

"He spent more time with Neeva than you did." the voice in my head whispered bitterly into my ear.

Yeah not sure how I remembered that right away but it took me forever to remember how I had killed the zombie back in the other world.

"I sense another living spirit, but this one is attached to a body," Arnold said suddenly in that same monotone voice, "I think you better show yourself or my toy soldiers with show you to me."

I turned around just in time to see Amber emerging from the shadows only a couple feet away from me. Her brown hair was in a tight bun and she wore a full black leather skin hugging dress.I hadn't even seen her there, but I had seen her use the same trick before. I wondered how long she had been there and how much she had heard.

"Henry is down for the count right now, again because he decided to play hero again, he's so reckless," she shook her head, "But if he woke up and found that you had gone to some dangerous place without him he would be so pixed off. But lucky for him and you, Henry and I are the same skill level when it comes to fighting. And I'm even better than him because I actually but a lot more thought into my battle strategies than he does."

"You can't come with up," Arnold said suddenly causing both Amber and me to jerk our heads towards him

"Yes she can, "I answered, before turning back to her. But first, you got to show me to some channeling weapons.

"Channeling weapons?" she asked, "Oh so we can harness our magic in the other world?" and when she noticed the confused look on my face, "I was spying on Greta? Remember? She knew it so therefore I do too."

"Right," I said, "I'm a little curious how Greta was able to find that out."

"I'm not sure, I just gather the information not how the other side came by it."

"Okay just lead me to where we can get channeling weapons, and we are going to need a lot of them," I said before looking back at Arnold. "Make as many of those clay soldiers as possible!" I called before I turned and left before Arnold could say anything else.

Five minutes later we were standing beside a pile of dead capital soldier's bodies. They could've only been dead for less than a couple of hours, but already they reeked of decay and little pixie men and women buzzed around them.

"Hold your breath," Amber said and bent down beside the bodies and reached her hand into the pile.

I wrinkled my nose, "Good idea Amber but I think I have a better way," I said and gestured towards the bodies who immediately began to climb to their feet."

Amber let out a small yelp and fell backward and there were a couple more screams behind me and turned to see a cluster of children standing behind us there face had gone a bone white color. When they saw me looking at them they promptly turned and scattered into the night.

"A little warning!" Amber barked and stood and dusted herself.

I gave her a sheepish smile, "Sorry, old old habits. Now grab as many channeling weapons as possible the more the better."

She grumbled to herself while she slowly circled the bodies plucking channeling from belts and other from the places they had been burrowed deeply within now dead flesh.

I followed her lead until we were both standing under the moonlight holding a blood stained macabre bouquet of sharp metal in my arms along. Amber held a similar trophy in her arms. I waved my hand and the bodies collapsed back onto the ground.

We began to walk back towards the spot we had left Arnold but our walking some became hurried when the sounds of fighting filled the air.