Confidential Love Story (Pt. 1)

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN!" He yelled at me and slammed the door in my face.

Then I was alone. It was a blizzard outside and I was alone.

I found a bench nearby my now old apartment building and folded my knees to my chest for a source of warmth.

Gosh, why do I do these things? It was just a petty argument that I shouldn't have started.

I exhaled loudly and saw the breath leave my lips against the frost blanketed air.

"Sharna?!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I looked up and saw Val.

You see, I worked with Val, we were both professional dancers on a TV show called Dancing With The Stars.

He finally got closer and validated that the girl on the bench was indeed me.

"Princess, this is a freaking blizzard! What are you doing? Heck, you're not even in a coat, or a jacket for that matter!" He picked me up in a bridal carry.

"Val, please...please put me..." I stammered before breaking out in tears.

"Hey, hey, Love, what happened?" Val asked as he carried me back to his apartment.

I couldn't say anything. I just had to cry it out first.

We quickly got back to his place, (To this day, I don't know how the man ran with a full grown woman in his arms, but it happened) and he had me change out of my now frozen and damp clothes.

"Here." Val handed me an old shirt of his, and a pair of sweatpants Peta had left at his apartment (She too stayed with Val for a little while, after things had ended with Maks the first time around, but that's neither here nor there at this point in time). "You'll catch a cold if you stay in those clothes any longer."

I nodded and went to a different room to change.

I came back still crying, but not as bad as before.

"Shar, what is going on?" Val asked.

"It's just...Travis and I split, and I'm the one who started the petty argument, and I shouldn't have, and..." I tried to compose myself.

"Hey, don't say stuff like that. If it was petty, it should've been settled and ended as so, and he's the one that took it out of proportion. You're not at fault here."

I walked slowly into his open arms.

~~~~~

Later that night, we were watching a film, slowly falling asleep on the couch, and almost halfway through the movie, I had fallen asleep.

Once he noticed I was asleep, he turned off the T.V., and carefully moved me to the bed in the bedroom.

I should probably stay with her. He thought.

So he did just that.

"You, know, Sharna, my parents always told me not to fall in love with a coworker because if it doesn't work out then that's just trouble in the workplace. But, Sharna, I think I love you, I really do." He whispered. 

Unaware he whispered too loudly, he was taken back when I answered him. "Valentin, my parents said the same thing. I think I love you too. I really, really do."

He leaned over and kissed the back of my head.

~~~~~

We thought we loved each other, but what we didn't know was that we truly did.

It wasn't just an "I think..." statement, we would come to realize it was an "I am most definitely..." statement.