Breakdown

"Oh my gosh! What if they hate me or something?!" Val asked, pacing around the kitchenette.

"Oh, so is Mr. Chmerkovskiy nervous that Mamma and Papa Burgess won't love him as much as I do?"

"KIND OF!"

"Val, what do you have to worry about?" Sharna asked.

"I mean..."

"Exactly. Nothing. So, let's go." Sharna said.

"Alrighty, Babe, but I'm driving." Val insisted.

"Okay." Sharna chuckled and got into the car.

~~~~~

On the way to Sharna's parent's house, Sharna's mother started to call her.

"Shar, Baby?" Mrs. Burgess asked.

"Yes, Mum, hello, is something wrong?" Sharna interrogated, concern starting to stitch it's way into her words.

"Just," She sighed. "Hurry, please, Baby."

"We will, Mum." Sharna nodded.

"See you soon."

"See you soon." Sharna said.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Val asked, looking over at his girl.

"Nothing, I just got a really concerning phone call from my mum."

"What did she say?"

"It was like she was trying to tell me something, but she couldn't, and she just told us to hurry."

"Then we'll hurry. I'll take the shortcut." Val said, turning onto a backroad.

Sharna's mind was going insane.

What the heck could she have meant?

~~~~~

"Here!" Val exclaimed, parking the car and taking the keys from the ignition.

He took Sharna's shaking hand into his and walked with her up the driveway.

Everyone exchanged hugs and "Hello, nice to meet you's.".

It was that split second that Sharna's mother pulled her away that was make or break.

"Sharna, Baby, Nan, she..."

"She what, Mum?"

"She passed."

"No. No. No. No. She can't be gone! Tell me she isn't gone!" Sharna broke into tears.

"I can't do that, Baby, I'm sorry." Woo said, also crying.

Almost sneakily, Val stepped into the room.

"I hope I'm not intruding on anything, but..."

Sharna looked over at Val and shook her head. She slowly walked into his embrace.

"Darling, Darling, what's wrong?"

"Nan passed away." Sharna said, now soaking his shirt in tears and makeup.

"Sharna, no, oh, Sharna..." Val kissed her head and ran his fingers through the ends of her hair.

Sharna sniffled and stepped back. "I'm going to go clean myself up, I'll be right back." She whispered to Val.

"Alright, Love." He gave her a kiss on her lips as she rounded the corner to the bathroom.

"Val?" Mrs. Burgess asked, turning to the Ukrainian.

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"I see how much you love her. Take care of my baby."

"I will, Ma'am, I most definitely will."