Can You Keep A Secret?

// Written For and Requested By RosyChmerkovskiy Thanks for the request! //

Something brought Val from his sleep, and he noticed that Sharna wasn't next to him.

He slowly stood up and went into the nursery of their daughter Alexis, where Sharna was.

He wrapped his arms around her waist as he watched her rock her daughter back to sleep.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispered and kissed the back of her head.

~~~~~

The truth was: Nobody knew about Alexis, not even their families.

The couple had adopted Alexis last winter, after they learned that Sharna couldn't conceive children.

Nobody knew about that either.

They just thought it would be better for her at such a young age to not have media surrounding her every move, because she's too young to have a say in if she wants herself out in the media, so Alexis is their secret.

~~~~~

Val held Sharna's hand and walked her back to their bedroom.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Val gave Sharna another kiss before falling back asleep.

Soon enough, it was time for them to get up because they had some errands to run that day.

"Good morning, Baby." Sharna quietly stepped into the nursery she was just at a few hours ago.

They did feel blessed to have adopted a child who isn't too fussy in the mornings, or when it is time for bed.

"Guess what, Lexi? You get to see Rosy today!"

Rosy was the babysitter that came during the days when the family couldn't be there.

"Rowy!" Alexis squealed.

"Yeah, Rosy!" Sharna smiled and tickled her baby's stomach.

"Hey, Shar." Peta was standing in the doorway.

Flippity Flap! She forgot Peta was coming over!

"Hi, Peta! Wait, PETA?!"

"Hey, Love. Who's this?"

"Um..."

"Sharna, is she yours?"

"Um..."

"Sharna! Is this baby yours?!"

"Val, Love, could you come in here?"

"Yeah, Darling, what's going--"

He cursed under his breath when he saw Sharna holding Alexis with Peta in the room.

"Valentin, care to explain who's baby this is, because your wife can't seem to?" Peta seemed slightly annoyed.

"Okay, um, Peta, sit down."

Val closed the door, and sat by the girls.

"Peta, this is Alexis. Alexis Susan Chmerkovskiy."

"Chmerkovskiy? She's yours?"

Sharna nodded.

"How long have you had her?! Why didn't I know?! Why was there no announcement?! Why--"

"Peta, stop. We adopted Alexis."

"When?!"

"Around this time last year. She stays with a sitter while we're at rehearsals or interviews or shoots."

"Anything else you haven't told me?"

Val and Sharna made eye contact, and he saw tears in her eyes.

She nodded for him to tell Peta because she couldn't.

He laid his hand on her thigh as he started to talk.

"We adopted Alexis because we can't have children."

"Sharna...you...?"

Sharna nodded and almost fell into Peta's arms.

"It's okay, Love." Peta said. "Don't cry."

"P, just promise us one thing." Val asked.

"Yes?"

"You have to keep Alexis a secret, just until she is a bit older. Please."

"Of course. Your secret is safe with me."