Sweet and Sour...

Mulai dari awal

Cube pulled my suitcases to the car for me and was actually nice enough to get in the back seat so I could sit up front and me and Gina could catch up. "So what's new hoe? Other than the fact that you got your L's and Cube is actually letting you drive his precious little Ford?" He glared at me through the rearview mirror and I laughed. "Bitch you done missed a lotta shit! You know my man is a rapper now?" Gina replied as she turned on Crenshaw toward their condo they bought together in South Central.

I was gonna stay with them until I was approved for this condo in Bel Air. "What? Cube? You mean a professional?" They both nodded and my mouth dropped. "Since when?" "Since he left Jinx and them wack asses and struck up with Dre and Eazy."  Cube's eyes slightly widened as his attention turned to me. I just shook my head and leaned back in my seat. "Eazy...he still goes by that? I would have thought he would've dropped it by now." I laughed.

Cube and Gina gave each other the same look and I know this wasn't gonna be the end of hearing about Eazy...

                             ...

"So they done started a rap group called what?" I asked confused as all hell as Gina handed me a cup of coffee while her alcoholic ass was already drinking a damn martini at 11:30 fucking A.M! "They're calling it N.W.A. It stands for Niggaz With Attitudes." I raised my eyebrows and agreed nodding my head. "Seems fitting," I sipped on my coffee.

"But it's so unexpected. I knew Cube and Ren used to write and spit that shit at lunch but I never knew Dre and Eric were even paying them that much attention to where they would wanna start a group." Gina shook her head. "That's the least of it, Eazy? This nigga done turned into the West Coast Berry Gordy because Dre convinced him to start his own label and shit and that's what they're gonna release their first album on."

I honestly wasn't that shocked. At the end of the day, despite what he did to me in our relationship, Eric was my best friend before everything else, and if there was one thing I was fully aware of, it was the fact that he was smart as hell. So to hear that he done started his own shit, it wasn't really anything I was surprised by. I sipped my coffee again and put it down on her Cherry wood dining room table.

"When's the album gonna drop?" I asked. "Supposed to be some time next year. Girl I don't know everything about what they doing. Me and the girls only been down in the studio with them a handful of times."

"You still talk to the girls?" I perked up. "Yeah bitch we all busy as hell but we ain't gonna let that get in the way of a 6 year friendship hell nah." I laughed, same old Gina. "Sharon still with Ren?" I only asked about Sharon because Lauren and Yella had broken up sometime last year, but they were still good friends, unlike me and Eazy. What? I have good reasons, at least Yella didn't play Lauren and have a fucking baby on her..

"Maybe we can catch up with them l-" "Hey baby! Gina baby?" Cube came running in with the phone between his shoulder and ear. "What boy?" She snapped and he rolled his eyes. "The homies throwing this party tonight to bring in the New Year and we gotta go." In all the excitement of coming home, I had forgotten it was New Year's Eve.

Regina rolled her eyes. "I don't know Shea, I only know a handful of them cats you be rolling around with, and for good reason. And Janet probably don't know none of them so...no. No we ain't going." Cube smacked his teeth and pouted. "Jan?" He asked but I shook my head agreeing. "I'm with Gina I don't know any of them muthafuckas."

"Okay then so I guess you like being single, because it's bound to be a lot of guys there, particularly one by the name of Weston..." I whipped my head in Cube's direction. Weston Morris was a really sexy guy that had been tryna get at me since 8th grade but I was so far up Eric's ass that I couldn't barely give him the time of day. But now since Eric fucked up I'm a free agent.