Spin The Bottle...

April 2, 1983 (Friday morning)

Janet's P.O.V

I woke up bright and early Friday morning, going to get dressed. Today was the day of the Spin The Bottle party and to be honest I was eager to see how it was going to go down. I hadn't talked to E about it after that night that I went on the run with him. The night that he...put me against the wall and looked like he was gonna do something. Until Mike busted in on us and ruined the moment.

Eazy was known for being quite the charmer. I'd seen him do what he did to a shit ton of girls before. But never had he done it to me, his best friend, before. So needless to say, if Michael hadn't interrupted and E had gotten to do what he planned, I wouldn't have known what to say. I decided to wear some faded jeans and a Fleetwood Mac shirt.

I put on my earrings and my best friend necklace that I never left the house without. I may be going through some shit with my feelings about E, shit he has the slightest idea about, but at the end of the day, he's my best friend and this necklace means more to me then any other gift anyone else have ever given me.

I walked downstairs to find Whitney cooking. But it wasn't whatever she was cooking that I could smell. "Hey Whit," I muttered giving her a hug. "Wassup Janet baby you hungry? Your mama left and Mike woke up hungry so I decided to make some pancakes." I nodded and sniffed the air again. "Where's Michael?" I asked as she flipped the pancakes. She grinned and pointed towards the den.

I walked to it and opened up the door. Immediately the smell of weed hit me in the face. I saw my brothers Mike, Marlon and Randy slouched across the couch, high as a kite. And the fourth guy was who else but my fine ass idiot of a best friend. He was sunken into the loveseat with his back towards me and they were laughing hard and talking about stupid shit.

"This some good shit man..." Randy murmured, his eyes rolling to the back of his head. "Now we can fly to the moon and never come back." "Swim through the deepest ocean." Michael added, wiping some crust out his eye. "You already did that with Whit last night." Marlon grinned, taking his last puff and passing to Eazy who just laughed.

"Y'all a trip, now where your sister at? We gon be late if she don't hurry up." I bit my lip and smacked him across the back. He turned around with a surprised look on his face. My brothers looked up too, all their eyes red and glassy. "Eazy? What the hell are y'all doing in here?" I snapped and they all started laughing. "Getting high lil sis." Michael grinned before he hit the joint really hard. He let the smoke come out his nose.

"Mike-" "Janet, Mother gone to work and she gone until 6 tonight. We good." He said rolling his eyes. I sighed and scratched my neck. "What about Joseph?" I asked and they all got quiet. "...Janet you're gonna be late if you don't hurry up go on now." Michael's voice took a quick shift as he stood up. I sighed as he walked past me, followed by Marlon and Randy. He's out cheating again, got to be. Eazy came up and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You ready to go Cheeky. We got a big night tonight." I nodded and we strolled towards the door.

The boys were eating at the table and Whitney was serving. "Janet? Eazy? Y'all want anything?" "No sorry Whiney we gonna get something from Mickey D's probably because we gon be late." Eazy replied as he steered me to the door. Whit nodded and the boys waved goodbye as we walked to Eazy's '64

...

3:30 P.M.

We were in study hall and I'm sitting here trying to focus on the passage about the Civil War. But how can I focus on it when this Tasha chick is sitting right across from me with her posse giggling about boys in the school they would fuck. And Eazy was at the top of the list. "I mean girl he's so damn fine and I know he's into me he's been chatting me up all year." Tasha bragged and I felt my ears flushing red.