Physical or Emotional? (Chapter 37)

"See you later, May,” you said as she walked up to her door and you continued down the sidewalk thinking.

Thinking about everything, but mostly Cody.

You missed him; more than anything.

You wanted to call him and talk to him all night like when you were with him, but you knew that he was busy. He had work to do.

The fun things about dating a celebrity.

You pulled your phone out of your back pocket, and started scrolling through old messages. There weren't many from Cody, but there was a new message.

'Is it Cody?' you thought and felt the butterflies in your stomach.

No, it's Anthony.

Anthony: come over, please. Need to talk.

You: be there in 10.

You didn't want to talk to Anthony, but better to talk to him then not to anyone.

He said he just wanted to be friends, right?

You walked up to his house, and before you could even knock on the door, it was open.

Anthony was standing in front of you, no shirt, and just gray sweatpants.

Cody wears gray sweatpants.

"Sorry. I just got out of the shower." Anthony said as he motioned you inside and up the stairs and to his room.

He picked up a black v-neck from the bed as he put it on and you sat on the computer chair.

You could feel the warmth coming from the bathroom door right next to you, and the scent of his cologne. 

"So what do you wanna talk about?" you asked, playing the scenes of when you and Anthony were together in your head.

"You and me." he said, pulling the shirt over his head a Turing towards you.

"Anthony, we've talk about this and you know that I’m with C-"

"I’m not trying to break you guys up." he laughed, "I just want to know where we stand." he pointed to you and then back at him as he sat on his bed and pulled a pillow up to his chest.

"Like you said today, we're just friends, nothing more nothing less." you said.

"I want you to know that I’ll always be here and I’ll never hurt you."

"Too late for that." you froze. You didn't want to say that. You covered your mouth and mumbled, "I’m sorry."

"I’ll never hurt you, uh, again." he continued.

You heard, what sounded like, large men running up the stairs screaming, "WHERE'S THE MONEY. GIVE ME THE MONEY BITCH."

You froze as Anthony quickly walked over to you, picked you up and carried you back to the bed.

You were sitting in between his legs and you buried your head into his chest. You could feel his heart racing as the footsteps got louder and louder.

"Shah." he whispered, "can't let them know that we're here."

You tried to be as quiet as possible although you were sobbing very loudly.

The footsteps continued to get louder and louder and then there was a slight jiggle of the doorknob and then three large men dressed in all black barged in.

"WHERE'S THE MONEY!" they asked over and over again as you cried harder and harder into Anthony's chest.

"I don't have any." Anthony said, seemingly calm.

"YOU GOTTA HAVE MONEY. OH, IS THIS YOUR GIRLFRIEND! GIMME THE MONEY OR I'LL FUCK HER UP!"

"Don’t hurt her." Anthony said, a little more agitated, as he gripped you tighter.

The largest man that was talking pulled something out of his pocket.

There was a click noise.

"I'LL HURT HER IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHERE THE MONEY IS YOU FUCKING BASTARD!"

'I don't have any money, and don't hurt her, hurt me." Anthony said. He starts rubbing your back.

You pulled your head up and looked into Anthony's eyes.

"SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR BOYFRIEND!" the man said, and before you could say anything, you heard a loud boom that made you flinch.

The world froze and the men ran out of the room and out of the house.

"Anthony, what's-what's wrong? Are you-you okay?" you said.

"Oh my god. No. No. No!" he screamed. 

Anthony's eyes moved down your body and you followed them.

There was red all around your left hip.

You were shot.

"What-what!" you screamed, starting to feel the pain.

Anthony pulled his shirt off and placed it on the wound and started pressing. Then he pulled his phone out, "hello? 911? My girlfriend's been shot!"

The next thing you saw was blackness, and Anthony's pleading voice faded away.