Who to Hate? (Chapter 17)

The cab dropped you off a block away from the cafe because you wanted to see some sights.

‘LA is truly beautiful’, you thought. ‘And Kylie’s probably going to ruin it all…’

You saw the cafe.

It had huge windows in the front.

You saw Kylie sitting at a window seat, looking out. She saw you, and motioned you to come in.

“Hey.” Kylie said as you approached the table. She was wearing a summer dress that had flowers on it, and yellow heels.

You were wearing blue faded shorts; with a tie-die crop top and brown combat boots.

“Hi.” you said, and sat down. ”What did you want to talk about?” you asked.

Before she had time to answer, a waiter asked you what you both had wanted. You both ordered a frappachino. 

“Cody.” she said.

“I know that. But, like, what about him?” you said.

Kylie shifted when you said Cody.

“Well, mainly about the two of you, together.” she said, and then looked out the window.

“I have to ask you something, its kind of private.” you said, she shook her head in approval. ”Do you like him? And don’t just say something because we’re together, but girl to girl.”

“He’s one of my good friends,” she said, avoiding the question.

“But do you?” you asked again.

“Maybe a little…” she said.

Your jaw dropped.

“Close your mouth,” she said; ”you don’t want any pictures of you with your mouth wide open all over the internet.” she didn’t look at you.

The waiter brought the drinks over.

She looked out the window, and you just looked at her.

You were so confused.

Cody could have Kylie, and he picked you? You asked yourself why.

“Okay…” you said.

“Don’t be mad at me.” Kylie said, looking back at you.

“I’m not mad,” you said, even though you were a little, ”I’m just confused.”

“Nobody else knows that I like him.” she said, ”and I really don’t want anybody to find out.”

“Why?” you asked.

“I just don’t. Okay?” she sounded a little snotty.

“Okay, okay. But just one more question.” you said. ”It’s kind of weird.”

“After what I just told you? Probably not.” she said taking a sip of her drink.

“Would you ever try to break us up?” you asked.

She didn’t answer right away.

“Kylie?” you asked again.

“I’ve thought about it, honest. But I wouldn’t because I love-, like him.” she said.