Waking Up To You. (Chapter 16)

you woke up expecting Cody to still be sleeping, right next to you.

turns out that he wasn’t.

“Cody?” you said in a groggy voice.

no response.

“Cody?” you said louder, and more nervous.

no response.

you rolled over on your back to look at the door, just to find Cody sitting up against the wall.

“morning.” Cody said, smiling. he was in grey baggy sweatpants, no shirt. ”come here.”

you got up and walked over to Cody. you sat on the floor in front of him with your legs crossed.

he moved the hair out of your face.

“beautiful.” Cody said.

“eh. whatever.” you said, rubbing your eyes. ”what time is it?” you asked.

“it’s uh,” Cody looked at his watch on he left wrist, ”eight-thirty.”

“i gotta get ready.” you said, standing up. ”ugh, i don’t want to go see Kylie.” you started walking to the bathroom.

“where do you think you’re going?” Cody asked, grabbing your wrist.

“the shower…?” you said, confused.

“not without a good morning kiss.” Cody said, pulling you closer to him.

“you’re so weird.”

“hey, what do you expect? of course i want to kiss my girlfriend.” Cody said. ”and maybe a little more…” his voice trailed off.

“what?”

“nothing.” Cody said. ”i’m waiting.”

“for what?” you asked.

“for that kiss.” Cody said, putting his hand on your sweet spot, the place right below your ear.

“dammit Cody.” you said.

“what?” he asked, rubbing your sweet spot.

“you know i love it when you do that.”

“anything for that kiss.” Cody said, pressing you against the wall, he leaned in, and kissed you. you pulled away, just after a second.

“something wrong?” Cody asked.

“i have to get ready. you know, for meeting Kylie?” you said, looking into his blue-green eyes.

“okay, okay. fine. go get ready.” Cody backed up, and pointed to the bathroom.

“glad you understand.” you said, walking up to Cody, going on your tippy-toes, placing your hands on his shoulder, and kissing his cheek, and then walked to the bathroom.

Cody just stood there, and smiled.

———————————

Cody’s POV

i really do love her.

she’s perfect in my eyes.

and my parents like her; which is what i always strive to get.

i hope nothing goes bad between her and Kylie later. Kylie is a good friend of mine, but now that i think about it, she may like me.

i mean, who couldn’t? haha, i’m so cocky sometimes.

anyway. maybe my girl is right.

———————-

when you were all done getting ready, it was was 10:30.

“i gotta go.” you said to Cody, who was walking out of the bathroom.

“i don’t wanna go to the studio without you. it won’t be fun.” Cody said, sitting on the couch, and tapping it so you would go sit with him.

“writing music for the fans isn’t fun?” you said.

“funny. i love writing for my fans, but i’d rather be spending time with you…” Cody said.

he put one hand on your thigh, and the other on your back, and pulled you in for a kiss.

“tonight.” Cody said.

“wait, what’s tonight?” you asked, looking at him, confused.

“you’ll see.” he kissed you again.

“i really have to go now. it’s 10:45.” you said. ”but i’m nervous.”

“Kylie won’t do anything to you. you’re in public. she doesn’t want a bad reputation.” Cody said, standing up, and pulling you up too.

“yeah, so i guess there’s nothing to worry about.” you said. you hear a car beep from outside. ”my ride’s here.”

“then you should get going.” Cody said.

you both walked downstairs. everybody was still sleeping.

“alright, bye babe. call me if you need anything.” Cody said, opening the door.

“i’m only going downtown, i’m not leaving.” you said.

“i know, i know. but still. see you later.” Cody said. he pulled you in for a hug and kissed your forehead.

“bye..” you said, and walked to the cab.