chapter 11//the lesbians upstairs

(if you're still reading this after the last chapter, bless you. also: long chapter to make up for not updating?)

//alex pov

I woke up to the sound of someone pounding on the door. I groaned as I sat up and finally opened my eyes. Usually I woke up in my own bed alone, but this morning was different. There was a guy next to me sleeping: John Laurens. I could tell that we were both naked which would've explained the pain from my waist and below. All of the memories from last night came back to me. I smirked at the thought.

The pounding came again and John finally woke up.

"Morning sleepyhead," I greeted.

I could've sworn he was about to fall off the bed out of shock. The person at the door was very persistent, which snapped John out of it.

"One of us should probably get that," John finally spoke up.

"Y-yeah."

He sat up, glancing at his phone on the nightstand. I noticed that there were numerous texts pouring it.

"My friends are at the door," he stated.

"Like Lafayette?" I asked.

I was a little worried about it being Lafayette considering I had no idea how they would react to supposedly one of their best friends and their brother naked, in a bed together.

"No, my lesbian friends, Maria and Peggy. They're dating, by the way."

"Oh cool," I responded, not really knowing how to reply.

Usually I was the one who knew exactly what to say, but being in the presence of this man made it much different. I had no idea what was happening to me, but I didn't dislike it.

He swung his legs out from the covers and I couldn't help but stare at this exposed back.

It was covered with freckles. Almost. Every. Inch.

I was drowning in them so much that I didn't even notice him looking at me. Once I caught his eye, a blush spread across both of our faces.

"I like your freckles," I said.

"Th-thanks."

An awkward silence filled the room, but was interrupted by another loud, obnoxious knock.

"I'll tell them to come back later, if you want to clean up or anything- Not that you need to! I don't want you to think that I'm telling you that you're dirty, because you're not. You're actually rather good looking now- not saying-"

"John, it's fine, I promise. I'll clean up first and maybe meet them tomorrow?" I suggested.

"Sounds great!"

We exchanged smiles before another knock startled him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get that," he sighed.

He quickly put some clothes on while I began to get dressed too. He walked over to open the door and I could hear a conversation going on before the door swung open.

"Ah, You must be the new boyfriend!" A feminine voice greeted.

I whipped my head around and saw a stunning woman. She had almond skin and dark, kinky hair.

"Uh, hi," I responded.

This girl and John in the same room were serving as a constant reminder of my bisexuality.

Another girl with tanned skin and bouncy curls popped her head up behind both of them.

"What's up gaylords! Your fellow homosexual is present!"