When I Die ☻

A/N: As requested by @samantha2001wwe <3 Btw if you guys wanna request stuff that would be dope :P

Warning: gore/graphic content

-------

"Jesus, Y/N, how long is it going to take you to attach the bombs? You do realize this is only meant to be a scare, don't you?" Joker groans, watching me as I rush back and forth.

"Don't mock me. I'm trying to be prepared," I reply, strapping an extra explosive to the panel. Running my hands through my hair, I glance around for any possible complications I may have missed.

"You're beautiful when you worry," Joker says, slowly sauntering towards me, a few of the buttons on his shirt lazily undone.

"And you're going to get us killed if you don't focus". Joker's smile fades as I speak, his eyes dropping to the floor.

"I would never risk anything, not when it comes to you," he says sternly, a smile breaking out over his face again.

"I wonder what would happen if I died. Would you be sad?" I continue, trying to push him. I press my hands against his chest and his hair falls forward into his eyes.

"Sad? No. I would be devastated. You're the most important thing to me now. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise". Joker reaches forward as though he's about to touch my face before dropping his hand to my chest. "What would I do without my partner in crime?" he adds with a laugh.

"J, you're getting a call," I point out, staring incredulously at the vibrating rectangle in his pocket, which obnoxiously screams out the Star Wars theme

"Sorry, dollface. I'll just be a moment". I smile to myself, watching Joker's tall figure walk around the corner of the warehouse, his haunted laughs ringing out every now and then.

"Hey, Joker?..." I say slowly, "what time did you set for these bombs to go off?!" a loud beeping sound erupts and Joker's eyes flash towards the bombs then to me.

"Son of a bitch," frozen in my spot for less that two seconds, I watch as his long legs run towards me. But it's too late.

Boom.

"I'm here. You're going to be fine, I pro-I promise," Joker tells me, his voice demanding and grim. My eyes are crusted shut with blood and my lungs fill with smoke. "I didn't realize... I'm so sorry, babygirl".

"J, promise me that at the end of this, you'll move on and be h-happy," I whimper, hating how vulnerable I sound. "Please".

"You're going to be fine, Y/N. Stop this nonsense," he mutters, a disgusted look on his face.

"Don't lie to me, J. Not now. Now, promise me," Joker flinches away from me when I lurch forward, coughing up blood. 

"You want to hear that you're going to die? Fine, you're gonna die and I'll be here on this earth alone. Without you!" he yells, catching me again and holding me against his chest.

"Don't be such a sad clown," I chuckle grimly and a tear rolls down his face.

"When I lie I'm in trouble and when I tell you the truth you hate me," he breathes out helplessly.

"I love you," I whisper, watching as his bright blue eyes disappear.

Third Person POV

Never had his heart been so broken before. Joker, his lover in his arms, screamed out into the empty warehouse, coughing against the smoke and fire that surrounded him. 

Suddenly, waterfalls of rain poured down, coating any and everything within the warehouse, putting out all that could harm him. With the last of his strength, he lay down next to you, his eyes saddened and tired as he watched your permanently still figure.

 With the last of his strength, he lay down next to you, his eyes saddened and tired as he watched your permanently still figure