8.

Jade
I glanced over at the dash board ,3am it was a late one, my shift actually ended at 2am but Lauren decided she needed help changing the valves on the truck so I was stuck with her for an hour in the early hours of the morning. I know, hell right? Anyway I was on my way home now completely ready to see Perrie again and just snuggle into her for the rest of my morning. Knowing her she'd sleep in until at least 10 - 11 so I might say 'the rest of half my day'. I pulled into my drive and I don't know why but I found myself cringing at the sound of my car pulling up, God help me, do not wake her up. I shuffled in the door tiptoeing up the stairs. Silently thanking God again that my floor was carpeted. As I walked into my room I saw her, a vision of beauty asleep in my bed, covers wrapped tightly around her whilst she squeezed the life out of my pillow. I tried to be quiet as I made my way around the room, getting changed and making sure everything was okay.
Within half an hour I was getting into bed next to her. I slid in next to her and almost instantly she turned over wrapping herself round me. "I missed you." She whispered.
"You're awake?" I whispered back
"I heard you come in, don't worry though I wanted a cuddle." I giggled
"Well I missed you too, love." I could feel her smile from my shoulder causing me to form a grin of my own.
"Night Jade"
"Goodnight Perrie."

---

I rubbed my eyes as I began to wake up, careful not to knock Perrie round the head as I still felt her warmth next to me. I stretched my arm out to my bed side table to grab my phone, as soon as I felt it I got it and lifted it to my face trying not to get any light in Perrie's face. When I switched the phone on I began to realise that it wasn't actually mine and was in fact Perrie's. I'm was okay though because I only wanted the time, 10:30 am. Not bad, seven hours of sleep. Something caught my eye as I went to put the phone down, her lock screen. I squinted at the brightness as I recognised my own face on the screen as well as Perrie's. It was a picture that we had taken on our first date in our onsies. I smiled and made a mental note to get her to send it to me later.
"That was the best date ever." I jumped a little at the sudden voice beside me, she giggled "sorry I just saw you looking at the picture."
"Yeh I was just checking the time."
"So what's the verdict." She said contorting her face which made me laugh.
"10:30 judge, 10:30, have mercy." She giggled away throwing her head back in laughter.
"So what's your lock screen?" She asked as we moved to sit up against the head of the bed leaning our sides on each other. I grabbed the other phone from the bedside and flicked it on. I instantly went a bright shade of red. It was a selfie of all the guys from the station with Lauren grabbing me and shmushing my face up. To my surprise she laughed and I breathed a sigh of relief.
"Why do you look constipated?" She asked in fits of giggles referring to my contorted face in the photo.
"Shut up. I think it's time for a new lock screen." I scrolled through my camera roll landing on a picture of me and Perrie from a couple of weeks ago. We'd gone out with Jesy, Ally and Hailee for the day and I'd chucked her over my shoulder starting to run away. We were all pissing ourselves laughing I nearly dropped her, Jesy snapped the picture whilst we were all giggling away. It was my favourite picture of us so far.
"Oh my god that was terrifying." I giggled at the memory.
"Well you better get your arse up or i'll do it again."
"Ugh how dare you?" She laughed before jumping of the bed and sprinting downstairs. I ran after her catching up quickly as she bolted through my house. I ran behind her and lifted her back pulling her over my shoulder spinning and running around as she collapsed onto my back in fits of laughter. I ran into my living room placing her on the sofa and slumping down next to her.
"You ready for today?" I asked in slight seriousness.
"I think so, it will be lovely for him to meet you." She smiled. I grabbed her hand and laced it with mine. "Right so, waffles?" I asked, she nodded her head vigorously. Pulling her up, we made our way to the kitchen getting out the batter and all the other ingredients we needed. We ate two waffles each before going upstairs to get dressed, today was going to be a hard day and I was going to try and do everything I can do to help make sure Perrie stays as happy as she can be. Although I was extremely nervous to meet her parents, especially her dad apparently he's really protective of her which obviously to understand, it's just terrifying. We finished getting dressed and vacated my house to go to the car ready to visit the hospital. Before I could start the car Perrie rested her hand on my forearm causing me to turn my head in her direction. She looked at her hand, biting her lip.
"Thank you." She suddenly said beginning to stroke her thumb along my forearm.
"Don't thank me, you needed me and I was there. You'd do the same for me." She smiled softly. "Well thank you anyway." She breathed a laugh and grabbed her hand into mine, starting the car.