Chapter thirty three.

"You've literally puked up our entire fridge." Liam commented as he brought a cup of water into the bathroom where I laid.

I sat up and took the water from him with a glare. "You don't think I know that?" I sat crossed legged next to the toilet. "This was not how I planned to spend my Christmas." I was feeling sick, I was sweating and I was extremely hot. After drinking a little sip of the water, I dabbed a wet cloth over my forehead, which gave me a nice, cold sensation.

Liam took a seat opposite me, watching me drink the water. "Have you ever been this sick before?" He asked me.

My pupils looked up at him, above my glasses and I gave him a blank face. "Does it look like I've been this sick before?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I've only known you a few months."

"And you're still asking stupid questions." I said as I leaned up against the wall again. I looked at Liam again, who was looking around the room. "I'm surprised you aren't ignoring me."

His eyes darted to me and he looked dead serious. "Well, I can't exactly ignore you when you're sick. I'll ignore you when you're feeling better." He said with a smirk and by then, I knew he was joking. I didn't have the energy to laugh so I said nothing in response. "I wanted to ask you..." Liam trailed off.

I took another slow sip of water and put all of my undivided attention onto him. "Yes?" I had a feeling it was about what I shared with him about Mason and contemplating killing another human being.

"What stopped you from doing it?" He asked me.

Before I answered, I puked again a few more times. Once I was finished, I wiped my mouth and took another sip of water to swirl out the awful aftertaste. "I told you, he had a family."

"And that's it?" He pushed me for an answer.

I leaned back and put the cold cloth onto my hot face. "I'm not that type of person. I actually think of the consequences before I take action. I knew that if Mason got to live with the expense of me sabotaging another person's health, then I knew I would feel guilty and Mason would not be happy about it either. It would've been the wrong thing to do so on Mason's last days, I stayed with him until he died."

I knew he was thinking of something else to ask me. "He believed in God?" Liam asked and once I nodded, he opened his mouth to ask another question. "And after you met him, you believed too?"

I nodded again. "I did."

"And now you don't?"

I looked at Liam, letting the cloth slip off my face. "I'm currently mad at God for letting Mason die," I told him, "I believed shortly after I started to hang out with Mason out of the bible study group and he told me all about God and what He had revealed to him and I liked that he was so passionate about his faith that I started to go to church with him just after he asked me out. It was an amazing atmosphere and the word was always beautiful. After that, I started to believe and I then got baptised. Then a few months later, Mason got sick. When he died, I stopped praying and going to church and I needed a getaway from the reminder of Mason and when I saw an exchange program a few tough months later, I came here. That's why I look like I'm going to pass out whenever we go to church."

It wasn't until now that I spat it all out. I never thought about church because it brought back more memories I would rather forget. I still felt uncomfortable when we went to church, but I had no choice. All it reminded me of was Mason and the way he died.

Liam understood my reasons and I could see it in his eyes. "Wow, that's a lot."

I nodded. "It is."