Chapter sixteen.

I sighed, loudly and heavily. "This isn't saving humanity."

Liam dug his hands into his pockets, looking relaxed as he stared at what was in front of us. "Sure it is."

I gave him a side glare, wondering what he was up to. "How? We're standing outside Target." I looked up at the big red sign, in the middle of the parking lot, wondering why I ditched school to go shopping.

"You'll see." Liam said as he casually started strolling into the store with me trailing behind. Once we entered the store, I didn't realise how big it was going to be. There were rows and rows of different things to buy. Clothes, kitchen ware, children's toys, beauty and makeup, you name it. I had never been in one of these stores before and I was amazed by how large it was. It wasn't too busy today, there was actually hardly anybody here and I knew why.

Because everyone was attending school, getting good grades, keeping their perfect attendance record in tacked and where was I? Going shopping. Nice one, Louisa.

I shoved the horrifying thought away and followed Liam, who forgot I was even with him, down to the clothing section and by this point, I was confused. "Are you going to tell me why we're here?"

He stopped in his tracks, outside the swimsuit aisle. "Pick one."

"Excuse me?" I folded my arms across my chest in utter confusion.

Liam sighed and walked down the swimsuit aisle filled with bikinis and one piece swimsuits. "Pick something you would wear to the beach. You know, the place you go when you want to swim."

I stood outside the aisle, glaring at Liam. "And why would I need a swimsuit? It's not exactly summer and what if I don't like swimming?"

"Lou," Liam stopped me, "just shut up and pick one."

I sighed in defeat and walked over to where Liam was standing, gazing over the different varieties of swimsuit. "Why do I have to pick one?"

Liam rolled his eyes. "Do you ever stop asking questions?"

I shook my head in amusement. "Nope."

He sighed, turning his head towards me. "You didn't bring a swimsuit to America, I assume. It was going to be winter and you weren't going to be here during summer so you never thought to pack one. You're smart and unfortunately, I know you all too well."

I was dumbfounded at Liam's response and the fact that he was absolutely right. "You don't know me at all." I was trying to sound like I wasn't surprised by Liam's response because in all honestly, I was so surprised that my mouth nearly hung open.

"I know enough," Liam said, "now pick one because we don't have all day." I nodded and turned my attention to the many different swimsuits that stared at me with bright color and pretty flowers sprayed all over it. I spotted a simple dark blue, one piece swimsuit that caught my eye. It was simple, it wouldn't attract attention and at least my stomach would be warm if we ever did decide to swim in this weather.

Why was I doing this again?

I took it off the shelf where it was hanging from me shoved it towards Liam. "This was your stupid idea, you're paying and if I get hypothermia, I'm blaming you."

Liam took the swimsuit and analysed it before raising his eyebrows. "Out of everything that you see on that shelf, you pick this one?"

I glared at him and stared blankly at him. "You said choose one so I did."

"Yeah, but," Liam waved his hand in front of the other swimsuits, "you have better choices. When I said choose one, I meant choose one wisely."

I groaned, annoyed that I was skipping school for this. "Liam, I don't really care what swimsuit I wear. It's a swimsuit, not a freaking ball dress!"