Chapter twenty eight.

December.

"I am no longer grounded!" Liam cheered with joy as he just finished talking to his parents. He ran downstairs into the living room where I currently sat, reading a book.

I smiled, feeling happy for him as I placed my bookmark back into my book. "Hmm, I don't know," I said, "I kinda liked you being grounded. You didn't annoy me as much."

Liam stuck his tongue out at me. "Funny," he smirked, "that means we can finally go on that adventure I had planned."

I got up from the couch, stretching my arms in the process. "Does this adventure include the swimsuit we bought two months ago?" My mind was still wondering about why Liam decided to buy a swimsuit for me, in winter, and we hadn't even put it to use yet.

"I'm not saying a thing, Lou," he smiled brightly, "patience."

By now, I did not have the patience. Especially with Liam Gilbert.

I knew I wouldn't get the answer out of him anytime soon so as usual, I decided to drop it. As time went on, I wasn't feeling anxious about what Liam had planned for Friday because what could be worse than stealing a candy bar? He knew how I felt about it and I was pretty sure he wouldn't make the same mistake again.

"When are we going?" I broke my thoughts, trying to ease my mind.

He grinned and it truly shined, it blinded me. "This Friday night," he told me, "at about nine."

I frowned, taking a step forward. "That's so late."

Liam smirked at me and I knew he was planning something that would either get us into trouble or it would freak me out to the point of wanting to go home. "That's the point," he said, "you need to live and having an adventure in the dark is all part of life."

I found it hard to believe, but I shrugged and went along with it. "Okay," I sighed, "can't wait."

*

When Thursday came around, I was exhausted and I wasn't sure if I was mentally prepared for tomorrow night and Liam still hadn't told me what he had planned. I met Xanthe by her locker as I promised we would study math together during our study period. I agreed because I needed to distract my nerves from tomorrow night and the fact that I really needed to use my time wisely.

These days, it seemed impossible.

"Don't look now." Xanthe whispered and when I gave her a confused look, I turned myself around to glance at what she was seeing. Her face went rosy red and she couldn't contain her smile. But, she swung me around to face her again. "I said don't look. Man, you can study hard and get good grades, but when it comes to actually following instructions, you are terrible."

I rolled my eyes. "What am I not looking at then?"

She almost let out a squeal of excitement. "It's Cameron."

My mouth turned into a smirk. "Well, why don't we go and talk to him?"

She instantly shook her head. "No way! He's with his friends."

I leaned against my locker, darting my eyes to where Cameron was. "I heard he broke up with his girlfriend."

I could tell Xanthe was very pleased with that statement. "Seriously? Where did you hear that?"

"You hear things in study period, not that you were listening." I told her before my eyes met her dreamy ones who were staring at Cameron. I instantly got a light bulb moment and took her arm and dragged it across the corridor, towards Cameron as his friends departed.