Chapter thirty.

I was shivering. I was shaking. I was cold. I was angry.

This was the first time I had been in a police car. This was the first time I had spoken to a police officer. This was the first time I had gotten arrested. This was a first time for everything and I never thought I would be in this position. We ran away from the police; that had to be an offense.

The trip to the police station was silent and it felt like forever since we left the school. Liam looked calm and collected. His face was blank and it was clear that he had been in this situation before, which scared me.

When we got to the police station, we were grabbed by the arms and dragged to a single room where we were seated in silence. The door closed behind one of the officers. The room had one large table with a chair behind it and the two chairs we were sitting on. It had a large window in front of us and from what I had gathered over the years from movies was that the people behind the window could see us, but we couldn't see them. I couldn't help but to break into tears.

Liam rolled his eyes. "Would you stop crying? This isn't a big deal."

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and sniffled. "Not a big deal? We got arrested, Liam! Are you thick!?"

Liam said nothing as the door opened loudly. "You just shut up and let me do the talking." Liam said in an angry whisper. I was hoping he would get us out of this. I was feeling okay about it, Liam would help us.

"So," a bulky man strolled in and took a seat, "Liam Gilbert, we meet again. This doesn't surprise me." He wore a police uniform and he looked to be in his thirties. He had black hair and a small pot belly. I wasn't surprised that he knew Liam. "And who is this?"

Liam stared blankly at him. "No one."

I stayed silent, hoping Liam had a plan. Officer Barnard sighed. "Why were you trespassing at your high school?" 

"We wanted to have some fun. Having fun isn't an offence, is it officer?" Liam tested the officer and I flinched at how this was going.

"This is very serious and it will have some serious consequences." Officer Barnard shook his head and placed his attention onto me. "You're new to town. How did you end up getting caught in Liam's mess?"

I looked from Liam to the officer and swallowed. "I-"

Liam cut me off. "We're not speaking until we have lawyers present."

The officer sighed. "Very well, I'll call your parents. Until then, you'll be in a holding cell." That scared me so much that I was about to pee my pants and my wet hair dripped onto my back which was icy cold. I was nervous and I was freaking out, but I was also wet and tired and I just wanted to go home.

The officer escorted us to an empty cell which smelled like pee and alcohol. There was a toilet that hadn't been cleaned and it was out in the open. No matter how badly I had to go, I promised myself that I wouldn't go the bathroom. A police officer was sitting at a desk outside of the cell, looking at security footage whilst we waited for Liam's parents.

Liam took a seat on the single bench that was inside the cell. I was pacing, biting my fingernails and feeling the cold air hit my skin from the open window that was above the toilet. I was thinking of Mason and wondering what he would be saying to me right now. He would laugh, then he would be disappointed.

"Would you stop pacing?" Liam snapped, cutting me from my thoughts.

I slowly walked over to the bench and took a seat next to him. I covered myself with my bare arms, trying to keep myself warm. "What do you think your parents will do to us?"