Five

Ellie and Iliana sat on the couch with me, watching some movie on the TV. I couldn't give two shits about it, to be honest. MY mind wasn't in the mood for a movie, neither was I, to be frank. I wanted to get out, help, do things. But instead, I'm house bound thanks to my darling older brother and my Alpha.

Oh, I swear I might kill him when I see him.

Throwing popcorn into the air and catching it with my mouth, that was my talent. All I was focusing on. I didn't want to be couped up inside, I wanted to be outside, enjoying the last days of summer. I wanted more adventures, more exploring. But my bloody brothers had me stay inside, I have a sneaky feeling Leander also had his say.

After chucking the popcorn, MnMs and various other lollies that was thrown into the mix, I got bored once again. I groaned and looked around the room.

"Are you alright Winnie?" Iliana spoke up.

"Yeah, I'm just bored." I moan. I hop off of the couch and walk to the window that views outside. "You know I hate being kept indoors, I like being outside and free."

"I'm pretty sure I know that as well, considering I've only known you for a couple of days." Ellie giggles her reply. "But your brother is just worried about you, Winnie. Trust me, I hear about it all the time."

I turn and look at Ellie. "I get it, both Matty and Lorcan are both worried about me. I'm there baby sister, I've been use to this since I was born. But, can you just tell them I can handle myself, as I've been doing for the past five years with out them."

I turn back around and look at the scene before me. People outside playing, kids chasing each other. Various older wolves training in the training field. A game of touch footy being played between some teenagers, both male and females. It was a joyous time, everyone got a long. No titles, no ranks, no matter the situation, everyone came together to help one another.

My brother did wanders to this pack. He has changed some of the ways of the pack, granted my dad was changing in the last few years before I left. I think it was the wishes of my mum that had him change. He wanted to prove to her, that he could changes his ways and make the pack more of a family.

"Hey Winnie," Ellie spoke up. I lost my focus on the outside entertainment and looks at her. Wrapping my arms around my body, I nod. "Look, you don't have to talk about it. But you know Ili and I are here for you."

"Thanks guys." I force a smile back.

"We understand why you're so stubborn about this whole Mate situation." Ellie starts to say, but I just shake my head.

"You honestly don't. Neither of you two get it. I just don't want one, after everything that happened to me. Getting rejected, almost drowning, I died. My heart broke, my expectations about mates broke me and they all lied. Do you have any idea how devastated I was when I saw Jaxon and Sandra mating, right before me eyes?

"You don't, because you aren't me. You weren't there. The only positive thing about everything is that I got my freedom. I knew the moment I would get a mate, I wouldn't be able to leave, do my own thing. I may be stubborn, like my dad, but understand that I never wanted a mate, even to begin with. My brothers both dreamed about having one, you know what I dreamed about. My freedom, travelling, helping others."

The pair of them, have this sudden look of sadness.

"But your wolf Winnie?" Iliana gasps at me.

"Yes, I know about my wolf. Trust me, every night she begs me and I'm just too stubborn to want one."

"Yeah, but has anyone offered to be your mate?" Ellie stands up and looks at me. "Have you not gotten any offers for a chosen mate or something?"

"Woah, calm down." I put my hands up in defence. "Yes, I've gotten offers, but they all hadn't been rejected nor meet their true mate. I wasn't going to stand in the way of that."