Three

I slammed my bedroom door behind me. I looked around the room and noticed the mess from my unpacking.

I need a distraction from everything, everyone.

I looked at my watch and then looked around the room. Maybe it wasn't too late to take a flight and get out of here. Nothing was tying me down. Nothing at all, not even a rejected mate was keeping me here. He was dead, died, passed away. Now I have his mate and his child to remind me of everything that could have been.

But did I truly want that?

I enjoyed my freedom, my escape, the fact that nothing could tie me down in one place for too long. I could just pack and leave again. Or I could actually stay here, like I planned and figure out what I actually wanted to do with life.

I slammed into my bed and grabbed a pillow. Some dust flew up and I knew I couldn't scream into my pillows. I would inhale to much dust and probably die from it. Ha. Oh the Karma. I threw the pillow across the room and it knocked a photo frame off my dresser. I groaned, pushing myself off the bed and picking up the photo frame.

It was me and mum.

I held onto my necklace and then Brough the photo closer to me. I sighed and smiled. Thankfully, I didn't have to replace the photo frame, but I did need to tidy my room and make my bed. I decided that my bed was first. Grabbing my sheets, my duvet, pillows, everything off my bed. I wrapped everything in my arms.

Heading out of my bedroom, I made my way downstairs to the laundry to find some spare linen. Also a new duvet and pillows, since everything probably needed to be replaced. As I wander downstairs and towards the laundry, I could see the three men walking back into the house. I covered my face with the items in my hand, speed walking towards the laundry.

I didn't want to see anyone or talk about anything. I was focused on my laundry and cleaning my room.

I finally made it to the laundry without any distractions. I placed my pillow cases, duvet case and sheets into the washing machine and looked at my pillows. I almost gagged at them. Some mould and dust covered them.

"Into the bin, they go." I muttered to myself. Finally chucking them into the laundry bin and wondering to the linen cupboard. I find new pillows, at the top of the cupboard, just my luck. "DAD!" I yell from the laundry. I need height and he had it.

He came around the corner and saw me struggling to grab the pillows down. He chuckled and grabbed the pillows for me. "Still didn't grow any heigh while you were away, huh?" He chuckles.

"Oh bugger off about my height." I grab the pillows from his hands and smile at you. "Thank you."

He looks at me. "Do you want to tell me what happened in the office earlier?" He crosses his arms.

"Nothing for you to be concerned about." I mutter back, rolling my eyes. I was avoiding this conversation. I grab out new sheets and pillow cases that matched my duvet case. Looking through everything, I decided on a light grey duvet case, matching pillow cases and white ones as well. I had blankets upstairs to help make my bed as well.

"Winter, I'm always concerned with you." He places a hand on my shoulder. "Your my daughter, you've been gone for five years and then you come back a change woman. Then you starting arguing about Jaxon Johnson."

"It's nothing dad." I shrug him off, making my way past him. Holding my new sheets and bedding, I walk out into the hallway.

"Winter, I'm your father. You can talk to me about these things."

I was still frustrated he didn't understand that I didn't want to talk to him about this. It's something I didn't want to talk about in general. I groan. "I can't talk about it dad."