Ten

I packed my bags. I tidied my room and picked up the book from my bedside table.

I had got my car all sorted, making sure to have a full tank of fuel for my unknown journey ahead. I didn't want to plan, I just wanted to get in and get away. Even with a promise to stay until my niece or nephew to be born, but I couldn't. Being back here was bringing things on that I didn't want. It was torture being back.

I looked around my room once more, not sure when I'd return to it. I picked up my two suitcases and a backpack, making my way downstairs. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I walked through the kitchen and out the back door, avoiding anyone. I made my way to my car, fiddling with the keys to open it.

Allowing my new navy blue Jeep Wrangler, to unlock. I opened up the boot, placing my luggage into the open clean space. Dumping the luggage, I closed the boot door, heading around to the passenger side. I placed my backpack in there, finally giving my car a quick lock.

I moved back into the house, grabbing a water bottle and some road trip snacks, I placed into a plastic bag. I looked around at my house once more, like before, not sure when I'd return. If I'd return. Was I going to return, if I found my mate. If at all I found a man worthy for myself and my wolf.

I grabbed out a piece of paper and a pen from a draw in the kitchen and proceeded to write a note to my family. A goodbye letter of sorts. I was never really good at goodbyes, I wasn't in the mood or had the time to even say any goodbyes. I just wanted to get away from this place. I looked at the blanket piece of paper and pen in my hand. I got to writing.

Dear Dad,

Well, this is address to all of you, actually. I've decided to do the one stupid and stubborn thing that I've been avoiding for the past five years. My wolf has finally nudged me and it must have been a massive nudge, to finally get me over the line. My wolf needs a mate and for that I'm finally giving in. After seeing everyone, that I love and care for, all have a mate, my wolf whines in the night to have one. She craves one. I don't, but like you said dad, a happy wolf makes a happy life, aye Gerard. I'll miss you all and keep in contact with you, but right about now, I just need to do this by myself. I thank Matthias and Lorcan for keeping most of the letters and offers to atleast help my on my merry way. Please take care, all of you.

Love,
Winter xoxo
P.S I'm sorry I won't be there for the birth of my niece or nephew, Lorcan and Iliana. Like I promised.

I folded the letter, addressing it to the family. Taking the list that was placed on the kitchen bench, thanks to my brothers. I left my letter, where the list was and I headed for my car. Unlocking it, placing the plastic bag onto the passenger side, I turned on the engine on and started her up. Pulling out of the driveway, I made my way to the gate.

The guards gave me a stare, questioning why I was leaving. Clearly, my brothers gave them orders for me not to leave.

"And where are you heading, Miss Christiansen?"

"Off to the town, Kat needs some lady things." I admit.

"What lady things?"

"Female, personal things. Stuff that you men wouldn't have a clue about. Kat's in a lot of pain and needs these things. I really must be going." I lie through my teeth. I show concern for my friend and the guards finally get weirded out about female personal things.

A mere mention of those items, he gestures to open the gate. And there, I am on my way.

Giving a quick honk to the guards, waving my hand as a thank you. I turn the music up, keep the window down and speed my way through the dirt road to finally reach bitumen. The concrete sounded better than the dirt road. My car had grip, but as the speed I was going, I could have dragged my way through the road.