Part 23

"Now, former Beta Lindator, care to explain what in the Moons' name is going on here? What's gotten into you? We all thought you were dead or taken prisoner along with the other wolves, when your party got caught by the Master's warhogs!"

Jena asks her questions in quick succession, never letting go of Lindator's neck, while the former Beta also refuses to let go of his prisoner.

"Why would you go after my mate's child? Come on, Lindator! If you are in trouble, I can help you! We can help you! Just let us! Between you, me and Al'Aeen we can defeat ten warhogs!"

"You, Jena? Help me? You're the reason all of this is happening in the first place!

Hey witch! You better be listening and you better keep your end of the deal, or I swear I'll come back and haunt you for the rest of your days!"

A large puff of smoke later, Sandra takes a seat on the left side of the fire, on large, comfortable pillow that didn't use to be there a moment before.

"Hold your horses, dear. I always make good on my deals. Jena, be a dear and take a seat around the fire," Sandra says and snaps her fingers.

Jena finds her hands restricted behind her back, an invisible force pulling her to her feet, then dragging her over to an identical pillow across from the witch, where she looses balance, the pillow doing little to cushion her fall. Propping up on one elbow, Jena looks around, not sure what exactly is going on.

"Oh, Jena dear. You shouldn't have come! But now that you are here... Lindator? I assume you have things to say?"

"Oh, more than that! I'm going to kill her!"

"No dear. You aren't. Not part of the deal. But I'll let you say a few words as a bonus to our previous understanding."

Trying to get up, but unable to do so, Lindator quickly understands that the witch is not someone to go against.

"Fine! I do have a few words for the almighty righteous Jena!

You are an egotistical, spoilt brat who thinks she deserves everything just because of who her daddy was, never stopping to consider how her actions affect the pack and everyone around her.

Why would you be allowed to break tradition when me and my mate, never were?"

"Lindator, what is that even supposed to mean?"

"Acting like you don't know? You mate killer! KILLER!"

"WHAT? I don't..."

"You went to another world, like the blood-hungry monster you are and killed my mate!"

"You mate? Another world? I..."

Her eyes grow big as the realization hits her.

"The Second!"

"Finally, she gets it!"

"Your mate killed my father!?"

"You know, we had a plan."

"Lindator, did your mate kill my father?"

"Indirectly, yes. But not because he wanted to. I mean he did but...

Well, at first we tried talking to your father about us being mates, but he just wouldn't listen.

He said no same-sex mates would ever be allowed in the pack, that there were rules about that. Traditions ironed in the passing of time. That he couldn't go against the rules and the Elders.

But he had no trouble enrolling you in the warrior training program, despite the Elders' objections.

And I saw what he did by naming you a diplomat, how that helped you become an Alpha for another pack. Well, pride but whatever. So we just thought...

I mean we hoped that if we removed him and help you become Alpha, breaking the 'no female Alpha' rule in the Oasis pack, you would be more understanding.

It has always been easy for you to fight against authority, especially against the Elders. You really had no respect for those old cronies. Not that they deserve any anyway.

So we wanted to support you, help you realize your dream of leading the Oasis Pack. And then you would accept us.

But nooo...

In your selfishness, you were so consumed by thoughts of revenge that you couldn't just let it go. You had to go on a man hunt, obsessing over my beloved like a mad woman.

When we finally got him to leave to another world...

Another world! Do you even understand? Can you? I let him go to another world so he could be safe from your wrath, your obsession!

It broke my heart!

I wasn't even sure if our bond was still there. It felt so weak. Like a sick little mouse looking for water in the heat of the desert sun.

And yet...

Yet you...

The KILLER!

You went a world away to carry out your revenge!

You are the epitome of obsession!

The irony is I had to become one myself in order to deal with you. 

So I could deal you an identical hand of cards to the one you had dealt me.

You guessed it, haven't you?

Since I obviously can't kill you... damn witch won't let me!

But I swear to you, I will do my utmost to kill your mate there, you know the one under the ten warhogs holding him down?

Yeah, so I hope you get to feel the pain I've felt since you told me you killed my mate in the other world..."

"Lindator, technically, he was hit by a metal carriage called a bus," the witch interjects.

"...for a very long time!"

"Minus the five years you had your pain removed, Lindator," Sandra adds again.

"Will you shut up, you stupid witch!"

"Fine! I know when I'm not wanted."

Clapping her hands twice, smoke envelopes both her and Jena; a sudden breeze starts carrying all of it away, pillows and females as if they were never there in the first place. 

A.N.: Everyone understands and likes Lindator now, right?

Let me see a show of hands! Who is on team Lindator?

Count is now a 0. At 7 'give next' comments I will publish part 24.

You voted, right?