Part 98

"My coyotes all consume the radiated water. They are all able to shift to war-form and since they are grateful Alpha Jena has allowed them to join Multi-Unity, you can add another 90 to our war-form able fighters."

The jab is subtle, but still obvious to those present. Radiated water drinkers under Jena can become war-form, while those under Alpha Sorin cannot. Vi throws a grateful smile towards Umani who drops back to his position.

"Bah, useless! A coyote's war-form is even weaker than a cat's!" Sorin tries to save face.

"While one could say that a coyote is similar in strength to an irregular in human or animal form, needing anywhere between 10-15 of them to take on even a single warhog, two coyotes in war-form will be able to win against one enemy, making them similar to the cats in a direct confrontation," Al'Aeen says to curb the argument.

"And what gives you the right to make that assumption?" Conall asks him before Sorin has the chance, effectively shutting the Alpha up.

"Experience. Through a series of unfortunate events that seem to follow me around, I've had multiple encounters with warhogs and..."

"Yeah, yeah, you killed a lot of warhogs all by yourself, blah, blah, blah!

So back to simple numbers. It used to be a warhog for every three wolves. Assuming a wolf gets one point, the warhog army has a strength of 1800 points.

Now since we have war-forms, and you say one war-form can equal a warhog, our strength when counting wolves is 700 times 3, we have a strength of 2100. With about 50 cats worth 1.5 points and 90 coyotes which Al'Aeen says have the same value, we have another 75 plus 135 points. So 2310 points.

With my irregulars which are... let's see 15 irregs for a warhog, and a warhog is 3 points so then 5 irregs for a point which means 1400 divided by 5 is 280.

So my irregulars are worth another 280 points.

Our total army strength is 2590 versus 1800.

So I propose we fight them head on and win. Numbers do not lie!" Sorin says triumphantly as if he has already won the battle.

<Cough>"Horrible"<Cough> Umani gets his throat in check finally.

"I don't see the problem!" Sorin counters, stabbing Umani with his eyes.

Jena grabs a sheet of paper and writes a large 2590 on the left side and 1800 on the right, then picks it up showing it to everyone.

"What Sorin suggests is this," Jena says after adding more writing to the paper and showing it to everyone:

2590 – 1800

= 790

"That is what the East would be left with to defend everyone. And if, following Sorin's values, you turn that into actual warriors, you would have about 263 warriors left between all the packs in the East. Unacceptable!"

"Yeah, but it could go better for us and we could be left with more," Sorin counters.

"Or it could go the other way around, and we would suffer harder for it," Aaron replies.

"Since I don't see any of you coming up with a better plan, the other option is to surrender, and I had the feeling you found that unacceptable first. So which is the less unacceptable one then?" Sorin asks, bringing all arguments into play.

"Actually, there is another plan available," Umani says.

"And I'm convinced it is better than what is currently unacceptable," Vi

All three Alphas turn to the two of them, waiting for them to continue.

"Do tell!"

"Al'Aeen came up with it," Vi answers, turning her eyes to the big man and everyone does the same.

Al'Aeen mouths her an 'I hate you' and Vi just smirks back.

"I wasn't really prepared for this, and I wanted to give it more thought before taking it to Conall and the Jena; after that Jena could have taken it to you Alphas and you could all decide."

"How lucky to have all those you mentioned in the same room right now!" Umani smiles at him.

Al'Aeen pulls out a scroll and unrolls it on the large makeshift table in the middle of the command tent.

"Unprepared my ass!" Sorin mutters but comes close to take a look nonetheless.

*A.N.: That was the last of the prewritten parts. 

Just so you know I've been working on the battle for the last 4 hours on the media part, basically coming up with the entire chain of events. I should be on time next week with the updates since the hard part is over. Now I just need to actually write it. Feels like my biggest challenge yet.