20. twenty

chapter twenty • 20
↠ ↠ ↠

"don't control your powers,"

•••

The mutants flew to Cairo, where Charles was being held. Hank and Moira were at the front, flying the plane. Raven, Peter, Jean, Scott, Kurt and Natalie, sat in the back. Natalie was sitting in between Scott and Peter. Peter kept on blowing bubbles with his gum, which no one has any idea where he got it from.

"Were you scared?" Jean looked over to Raven. Raven looked at her. "That day in D.C, were you scared?"

"No." Raven looked at Natalie, who gave her a look. Raven took a breath. "But I was scared on my first mission. I was on a plane like this with my friends. About your age. We called ourselves the X-men." Natalie smiled lightly then looked down.

"Your brother was there," Natalie spoke to Scott. "We called him Havoc. He was a handful. But when he came down to it, he was very brave."

"What happened to the rest of the kids who went with you?" Kurt asked. "The X-men," Natalie looked at Raven, then Hank.

"Hank, Nat and I are the only ones left now," Raven sighed. "I couldn't save the rest of them. I told you I'm not a hero,"

"But you are to us," Jean spoke. "Seeing you that day on TV, changed my life." Natalie looked down.

"Mine too," Kurt added.

"Mine too," Peter smiled. "I mean, I still live in my mum's basement." He scoffed. "But uh, you know, everything else is uh. It's pretty much the same." We smiled. "I'm a total loser," They all chuckled.

"Natalie," Scott looked at her. Natalie looked up at him. "You and Raven are icons, I mean, like, you are a symbol of hope, and I know you and I never necessarily got along, but I hope things change for us."

"Yeah, Nat, what you said that day changed everything, how people see us mutants. And that wouldn't have happened without you." Jean looked at Natalie.

Natalie smiled, "Thank you," and grabbed Scott's hand and smiled at him and Jean.

The jet began to rapidly shake as they neared Egypt where Charles, Apocalypse and his followers were. "Seventh wonder, 12 o'clock," Hank said from the pilot's seat. Natalie got out of her seat at the same time as Raven as they hopped to the front to have a look at what was going on.

The buildings and everything around was being pulled out of the ground and floated into the air. The pyramids got ripped apart brick by brick except for a pyramid in the middle which was made from something else.

"He has the Professor in the centre of the pyramid. He's going to transfer his consciousness into the Professor. If he does that, he'll have the power to control every mind in the world." Jean spoke up.