5. five

chapter five • 5
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter five • 5↠ ↠ ↠

"Suit up,"

•••

Early the next morning, all the mutants all met up in the living room and then went towards the lab to get Hank. They were greeted by a note on his door. "Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X - Hank." They didn't think much of it as they walked in.

The whole lab was a mess. All of the furniture was thrown around and everything was smashed up. "Holy crap," Natalie mumbled as Charles and her walked towards the back of the room.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik asked from the door. Natalie glanced back at Erik before walking to the crate marked with an 'X'. Charles opened it up to see seven yellow and black suits, but one black and green.

"Hank has been busy," Erik nodded.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex asked with a disgusted look on his face.

"As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up," Charles said, grabbing the first yellow suit that laid on top.

"Except for me," Natalie smirked as she grabbed the black and green.

•••

They all met up at the airbase in their yellow suits. Natalie's suit was different from the rest, it was green and black, with a cape. It was designed to adjust to her ability. All of them stood still as they stared up at the jet in awe. Hank really outdid himself this time.

"Where is Hank?" Raven eventually asked.

They all turned their heads and watched as Hank's silhouette made its way towards them. When he got into view, Hank's skin was completely blue and he had fur covering his body. "Hank?" Erik asked.

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work," Hank looked down.

"Yes, it did, Hank. Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be," Raven spoke as Hank walked up to her. "This is you." Raven caressed his cheek. "No more hiding."

"You never looked better, man," Erik smacked his arm with a smile. Hank suddenly grabbed onto Erik's neck and began chocking him. Hank growled at him.

"Hank!" Charles warned.

"Don't mock me!" Hank growled at Erik. Hank's face relaxed and he let go of Erik.

"I wasn't," Erik breathed out.

"Even I got to admit you look pretty badass," Alex crossed his arms against his chest. "I think I got a new name for you. Beast."

Sean looked up at the jet. "Are you sure you can fly this thing?" He asked Hank.