4. four

chapter four • 4
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter four • 4↠ ↠ ↠

"training day"

•••

The group all arrived at the Xavier mansion. And they all looked up at the building in awe.

"So, this is yours?" Sean asked.

"No, it's ours," Charles smiled as he glanced back at the group.

"Honestly Charles, I didn't know how you survived," Erik looked at Charles, "Living in such hardship," He smirked sarcastically.

"Well it was a hardship, softened by me," Raven made her way over to Charles, and he kissed the side of her head. "C'mon, time for the tour,"

They made their way over to these huge double doors.

"I couldn't stand living in a place like this," Natalie joked.

Charles chuckled as he pushed the doors open and they walked in and stood in awe as they saw the inside. Charles and Raven went to turn on all the lights.

"You ready?" Raven called out.

"Yeah," They all replied as they slowly made their way over to her.

•••

Charles intended to use this mansion, and the property, to train the young mutants, to use their  abilities to its full extent, so they knew what they were doing. Charles individually helped the mutants out, first was Erik, then Alex, Sean, Hank, than Natalie.

•••

"Charles," Natalie started as they made their way over to an open field of grass. "I've been around for a long time, I think I know what I'm doing," Natalie smiled.

"Ah, that's where you're wrong," He smiled. "Alright, I think here is good place as any,"

Natalie looked around. "It's so beautiful out here, it's, amazing," She sighed. Charles smiled at her.

"Your mutation, is the most intensely creative and delicate, that I've ever seen. It's one of those, beautiful yet –"

"Dangerous," She cut cut in. Closing her eyes, flashes of horrible memories.

"I know about that day, Natalie," Charles placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him. "I feel the pain, and regret that you feel. I know that you use it to create such, beautiful things."

"It's all that I've ever known, I can't do anything, without using that," Natalie sighed.

"No, no, pain, may be powerful, but love. Love is everything and more," Charles let go of her shoulder.  "Would you let me?" He questioned, gesturing to her mind.