8. eight

chapter eight • 8
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter eight • 8↠ ↠ ↠

"twenty twenty-three"

•••

China, 2023

The group of mutants flew in a jet, on there way to their other mutant friends.
The humans had created these Sentinels to take down the mutant kind. Only so few are left. Natalie was sitting in a seat next to Storm. They were all terrified. Even the one and only, Wolverine.

They arrived and one by one we walked out. Storm, Wolverine, Charles and Natalie, then Erik. They walked down the path and arrived at the stairs to the building. Bishop was standing there and nodded at the group.

Bobby made an appearance. "Professor," He spoke as he came over.

"Bobby," Natalie smiled and hugged him.

"Hey Ivy," He pulled away.

"Hey kid," Logan nodded, as well as Bobby.

"Professor," Kitty called out. She came downstairs and Bobby stood next to her, holding hands. She smiled at the group.

•••

"Whenever the Sentinels attack, Warpath senses them, so I send Bishop back to warn us before they come. Blink scouts the next sight, and we leave before they even know that we are there," Kitty informed

"Because, we were never there," Warpath spoke.

"What do you mean we were never there?" Logan asked.

"She projects Bishop back in time a few days to warn the others of an upcoming attack" Charles informed.

"So she sends Bishop back in time?" Logan asked.

"No, just his consciousness. Into his younger self, his younger body," Charles nodded.

"Wow," Logan sighed.

"This just might work, Charles," Erik looked over.

"What might work?" Natalie asked.

"The sentinel program was originally conceived by Doctor Bolivar Trask," Charles told the group. "In the early 70's he was one of the world's leading weapons designers. But covertly, he had begun experimenting on mutants, using their gifts to fuel his own research," Charles said. "There was one mutant who had discovered what he was doing."

"A mutant with the ability to transform herself into anyone," Erik said.

"Mystique," Colossus called out.

"I knew her as Raven," Charles told them. "We met when we were children, grew up together. She was like sister to me," Charles smiled fondly at the memory. "I tried to help her but only succeeded in driving her away"