3. three

chapter three • 3
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter three • 3↠ ↠ ↠

"mister devil dude"

•••

"Good evening. My name is Sebastian Shaw. And I am not here to hurt you," Shaw smiled at them.

"Freeze!" A guy from outside the window aimed his gun at Azazel.

"Azazel," Shaw told him. Azazel teleported out to the guy and sliced him up then teleported back. Alex brushed his hand against Natalie's, she looked down, then up at him, he slightly stood in front of her, his shoulder covering her, Natalie held onto his wrist. While Hank's grip never left.

"My friends, there is a revolution coming. When mankind discovers who we are, what we can do, each of us will face a choice. Be enslaved or rise up to rule," He smiled at all of the kids. "Choose freely, but know that if you are not with us, then, by definition, you are against us. So, you can stay and fight for the people who hate and fear you, or you can join me and live like Kings." He looked down at everyone, his gaze lingering on Natalie, before stopping at Angel. "And Queens," Shaw whispered.

Shaw held his hand out for Angel and she quickly took it. The two of them walked towards Azazel.

"Angel," Natalie said in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?" Sean asked.

"Come on. We don't belong here," Angel told them. "And that's nothing to be ashamed of." They turned around and walked off.

"We have to do something," Raven said.

Darwin turned towards Alex and shoved him. He then turned back around and began walking to them. "Stop. I'm coming with you," Darwin told them as he stepped over the glass.

"No! Don't!" Natalie called out.

He turned around and faced them. He looked intently at the kids, then at Alex and nodded. He continued to walk to Shaw.

"Good choice," he nodded. "So, tell me about your mutation."

Darwin shrugged. "Well, I adapt to survive." All of the kids walked towards the middle of the room so they could see well. "So, I guess I'm coming with you."

"I like that," Shaw nodded. He gestured towards the line. Darwin grabbed onto Angel's hand and protected her.

"Alex!" He called out.

"Get down!" Natalie quickly created a temporary ice shield to protect them. There was a loud noise but nothing afterwards. Natalie melted the ice to find Shaw in front of Darwin.

"Adapt to this," Shaw spoke quietly.