Forty Six

Isabella

I stayed in the hospital a few days after Bella was born. They ended up taking out all my lady parts so I don't get sick again which sucks because I can't have kids anymore but there's always adoption. I have no problem helping out someone else's kid.

So that practically took away all the problems I could have and I was set to go. Anthony spent every hour he could with me. Nicky stayed with Ciara while I was in the hospital and Anthony's parents stayed back to help.

Today I should be released from here and I couldn't wait. This was a bad place with some good people. People who saved my life. I was thankful but I was ready to be home.

I sit there as Anthony goes to pick up medicine downstairs and see what else we needed to do before we left. His mom Laurie comes in and sits next to me. I had Bella on my chest all curled up as she slept. She does that a lot but honestly so did I.

"She's so beautiful" Laurie says sitting next to me.

"She's an angel" I admit.

"Actually that's you" she insists and I laugh.

"I guess so" I agree.

"Were you scared, knowing that you were probably going to die" she asks.

"Yeah. I was more disappointed than anything" I admit.

"Disappointed? How" she wonders.

"Because I was leaving behind something so amazing. I didn't want to die, I couldn't take my baby away from you or Anthony.

But when I was laying there about to start to the c-section Anthony was staring at me and I realized that I couldn't leave yet. I wanted so much more and I was disappointed I couldn't have it. I couldn't ever hold my child or go to a game with her. I would never spend another Christmas spoiling my little brother and my baby girl. I couldn't get married to the one person I love more than anything in this world. I couldn't see my brother grow up. Everything was about to be taken from me and I was terrified. I wanted so much but was about to lose everything" I say softly.

"I'm so sorry. You did a really brave thing and that says a lot about you. You've really had a hard life and it doesn't ever seem to get easier. But you do get stronger and that's really impressive" she admits.

"Thank you. I have a lot of things to fight for" I admit.

"You know, I had never seen Anthony like that before. I e seen him take a loss hard but never that hard. I wasn't sure what was going on and Ciara said she needed to take Nicholas to get some medication so he wasn't around, but that's a good thing. Anthony was just walking around screaming, I kept asking what happened and he couldn't function. He just kept saying "she's gone" and I thought he meant Bella. But he said it was you and I've never seen someone so broken like that. He loves you so much. The thought of losing you made him want to give up everything. He claimed he couldn't do it without you. Then he went and looked at the baby and something in him snapped. He finally understood why you were gone and she was here. Thankfully the doctor found him quickly and told him you were still here. I would hate to see what would have happened if he would have thought you were gone when he left here" she explains.

"Wow... I had no idea" I gasp.

"I know, just like you he was trying to do what is best by not telling you. But I think you should know that you're his whole world. And when you died so did a big part of him. Don't ever think that you aren't valued in his eyes, because you are the most valuable thing in his life" she insists.

"Thank you" I sniffle and she laughs.

"That wasn't supposed to make you cry" she smiles.

"It's been a emotional few days" I admit.

"Come here" she insists coming over to me. She gives me a hug and she pats my back. "Love you kid" she says and I sigh. Man I miss having a family.

"I love you too" I reply.

After a few more hours of staring at the blank walls it was time to go home. I gingerly get in the car and we drive to my old house. We pull up and I smile when I see gold balloons in the front of the porch.

"What's that" I ask.

"A welcome home to two of the most incredible girls on this here earth" Anthony claims.

"I don't think I should be worshiped for dying" I laugh. 

"You're not. Your being worshiped for living" he claims and I shake my head.

He gets Bella out of the car and helps me down. I take my baby and she relaxes into my arms. We walk in and it was extra dark. The blinds were closed and it was overcast so it was hard to see.

"Anthony? It's really dark" I giggle. He turns on the lights and I see all my friends and family sitting around the living room. There was a cake that said "congratulations" on it and more balloons and confetti.

"Aww you guys" I blush.

"Welcome back to life" Nicholas yells and I laugh.

"Nicky" Anthony shuns.

"Aunt Ciara told me it would be funny if I said that" he argues.

"Of course she did" Anthony mumbles. Anthony picks him up and turns to us.

"Hi little Bella" Nick says softly patting her head.

"You're a very sweet boy" I smile.

I go and sit on the couch and everyone comes over to say hi to the baby. They take a bunch of pictures and a few of them hold her. Ciara takes Bella in her arms and she smiles big.

"I would sacrifice your mommy for you in a heartbeat" she says in a baby voice and I smile.

"So you forgive me" I ask.

"Of course I do. I can never stay upset with you" she insists.

"Good. I couldn't have her God mom upset with me" I insist and her eyes go wide.

"What" she whispers.

"If you would like, you are the god mother" I say.

"This is the happiest day of my life" she claims as a huge smile comes across her face.

"Heeey" Jon whines from beside her and she shushes him.

I grab a piece of cake because it wasn't hospital food and find Anthony talking to his dad. I wrap my arms around him from behind and he pats my arm softly.

"Hi baby" he says.

"Hey" I reply.

"How are you feeling" he wonders.

"I'm so happy to be home" I admit.

"Glad to see you out" his dad says to me.

"It's great to be out of there. And thank you so much for all that you are doing. I know I'm not making life easy on you" I claim.

"You're doing better than Anthony over here" he says and Anthony's eyes go big. His dad realizes he shouldn't have said that and starts looking around.

"I'm umm... gonna go find my wife" he claims walking away.

"What was that about" I ask.

"You'll see" he claims.

"I don't know if I can handle another surprise" I admit.

"You're gonna love this one" he claims. I always do.

After a while people head home until it was just me, Nicky, Anthony, and our baby. We all sit on the couch really happy but really tired.

"I love you guys so much" I say.

"I love you too" Anthony replies.

"Do I have to say it" Nicholas asks.

"Yes" I insist.

"Fine. I love you Izzy" he sighs.

"Insignificant show of affection accepted" I announce and Anthony laughs.

"I love us."