Three

Isabella

"You should date anthony" Nicholas states as we sit at the dinner table.

We just got back from a great game between the Cubs and the Pirates and it was a fun one. We won in extras and everyone went home pretty happy. It was a little late to be eating dinner but I never said I was a good parent. Just a kick ass sister.

Anthony got called up a little under two weeks ago and we've flirted some but nothing more. We usually just talk to each other through a net and listen to my brother go on and on about baseball. After Anthony asking a bunch of times I finally gave him my number yesterday but he hasn't contacted me yet. I mean we see each other every day there's a home game so no real reason for him to text me.

"Why should I date Anthony" I ask and he shrugs.

"He's cool" he claims.

"A lot of people are cool, and I'm not going to date them" I defend.

"I don't know. I just want you to be happy and he can make you happy. He makes me happy" he claims.

"You make me happy" I smile.

"I know that, but I know you want someone else besides just me and Aunt Ciara. I think he can help you" he insist.

"Help me with what" I wonder.

"Whatever makes you cry at night" he says and I stop eating. I had no clue he could hear that. I drop my fork and wipe my mouth off with the napkin in my lap.

"I need a moment" I say excusing myself from the table and going outside to the deck. I sit out on the porch under the stars and let out a long sigh. I look up into the sky and sniffle a little. Out here all my problems seem so small, it's so beautiful. I hear the door open and my brother appears next to me. He wraps my arm around him and leans into my side.

"I love you" he reminds me.

"I love you too Nick. Always" I assure him.

We sit there for a little just watching time fly by before it was time to come in. We go inside and I tuck him for bed. We pray together and I close the door behind me after I leave. I clean up dinner and wash dishes before crawling into bed. I lay there and stare at the ceiling trying to figure out what was going to happen next. It was July and school was about to start up. I was going to finish my one semester so I can graduate and get my degree. Nick was about to start school for the first time and I wasn't sure what happens after that. I learned that if we try to make these plans, when they fail it hurts that much more. So I usually just let life happen and try to stay out of the way. But I can't have a normal life, and it sucks.

My phone starts ringing next to me and I thought it was my best friend Ciara but I see a number I don't know. I ignore it at first but they call again. It wasn't until the third time I give in and answer.

"Are you avoiding me" a voice says and I smile.

"I didn't know it was you" I defend and he laughs.

"Well I didn't know if you wanted me to call you" Anthony claims.

"I didn't know I wanted you to call me" I admit.

"So you did want me to call..." he trails off and I can just see him smirking.

"I wouldn't hate it" I admit.

"So what are you doing right now" he finally asks.

"I just put Nicky to bed. He already has his Rizzo jersey and shorts out for tomorrow" I laugh.