Chapter 27: Dinner With Maya's Parents

Maya's POV

I woke up early to a text from my mother telling me that her and Shawn were going to be in town tonight and that they expected me to be at dinner. I already had to help Lucas move into his apartment today and now I have to eat dinner with them tonight too. I started to climb out of bed when I felt Lucas' strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"Good morning beautiful." He mumbled as he held me closer to him.

"Lucas, we don't have time to mess around today, I have a lot to do on top of helping you move into your apartment today." I sighed because I really just wanted to lay here with him.

"What else do you have going on?" He asked surprised.

"My mom and Shawn." I paused before I continued. "They expect me to be at dinner tonight so like I said I have a lot to do in so little time."

"Do you want me to come with?" He asked me.

"You really don't have to because it's probably going to be a disaster anyways." I replied.

"But I want to be there." He protested.

"Fine, but will you let go of me so I can go shower?" I asked him in a slightly annoyed tone.

"You know I could just join you?" He grinned at me as he let go of me and I got up out of bed.

"Not today. I'm not in the mood for it today. You're just gonna have to take care of yourself for once." I told him as I rummaged around my drawers for something to wear today.

After my shower, he went and took one. While he was doing that, I sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast when Riley came out of her room.

"Oh.. you're awake early." She said surprised. I bet she's hiding Farkle in there which makes this even more great.

"Yeah, I told you twice yesterday that I had to help Lucas move into his new apartment today." I replied. Since when does she not listen to what I tell her? Is she that far up Farkle's ass?

"Oh yeah, you did.. but that requires you to be up this early?" She asked me.

"Yeah, is there a law that I can't be up this early in my own home? I have other things to do today, like have dinner with mom and Shawn, so excuse me for wanting to be up early so I can get everything done." I was getting annoyed at this point. I just got up and took my breakfast to my room to finish it in there so I don't have to deal with anymore bullshit then what I need to today.

About a half hour later Lucas came in my room as I was doing my hair and makeup. I didn't really acknowledge him right away. It was very obvious I was hiding away from everyone though.

"Maya, why are you in here? Farkle is here, he stopped over before he heads out to breakfast with his dad." Lucas questioned me.

"I'm not shocked." I said under my breath.

"What did you say?" He had a puzzled look on his face. I wasn't looking at him at all, I was just focusing on getting my hair done.

"I said I'll be out in a minute when I'm done with this." I snapped at him.

"Okay, I see you're stressing, so we're only going to move half my things into the apartment today and the rest tomorrow since you actually have the day off for once on a Monday. That way not everything is being crammed into one day." It did make me feel better knowing the work load was lightened now. He always knows when I'm stressing out.