Chapter 18: Pro's and Con's

Lucas's POV

When I woke up I cancelled my plans with Jess today. Too much happened last night and too much is going on in my head to even face her right now. Instead I made plans with Farkle and Zay so I could talk to someone about this because right now they're the only ones that can help me with this. When I got myself around I headed straight over there. When I walked in Farkle and Zay were at the counter eating breakfast. Farkle stared at me with questioning eyes, he knew something was up.

"What's wrong Lucas? You seem a little on the tense side today." Farkle asked as I waked in and sat in one of the recliners they had.

"I kissed Maya last night." I just said it. There wasn't going to be any beating around the bush with this one.

"Wait. What?!" Farkle and Zay both yelled in shock.

"Yeah, a lot happened yesterday.." I looked down at my hands. I don't feel ashamed, but I don't feel happy with myself either. I've been wanting to kiss Maya since the eighth grade, but I didn't want it to be in these circumstances.

"Last I knew you guys got in a heated fight before her shift last night and now what's that you say now?" Farkle started talking really face trying to take in everything that I'm still currently trying to take in myself.

"Yeah, we got in a fight because she left me a voicemail while she was on a date, drunk and told me that she was over me when I didn't even know she had interest in me, at all." I explained to them. I could feel myself getting all worked up again by this.

"Lucas, you're the only one who didn't know." Zay added in.

"Yeah Lucas. You seemed so happy with Jess that we didn't want to tell you that Maya went to the airport to surprise you again." Farkle explained to me, but I didn't quite get what he meant by 'again'.

"Hold on a minute." I paused. "What do you mean again?"

"She went to the airport to tell you how much she liked it and she wasn't sure what she felt for you at the time being, but she knew she needed to see you. She asked the woman at the gate to give you a message, I'm assuming by your face right now, you never got it?" Zay could tell my rate of confusion was growing even higher at this point.

"No, I don't even know what you're talking about. I could tell Farkle was about to add in more detail.

"She then decided to go on a date so she could stop thinking about you and she couldn't do it. She bailed on her date and went to the airport to get you." Farkle paused. "I would be lying if I said we weren't rooting for her when she made that choice. When she got there, as soon as she saw you, she saw you kiss Jess and bolted. Then came home and nearly chocked me out and then, well, she slept with Josh to distract herself from you."

"I'm such an idiot. All this time I never understood why she didn't like Jess. I get it now." I ran through my hands through my hair in frustration. "I don't know what to do, they're both really important to me and I would never do anything to hurt either of them."

"I have an idea!" Zay yelled as he pointed his finger in the air like a child would do.

"The last time you had an idea that led him to make the wrong decision between Maya and Riley." Farkle said point blank to Zay.