Chapter 17: At Last

A/N: Time skip to 4 months later. This is a very long update, I apologize. It'll be worth it at the end of this chapter, I promise.

Lucas's POV

Things were starting to get pretty serious with Jess. I really like her. We were sitting in my living room and she had her legs across my lap while we watched tv together. Being with her made me feel safe and content. Everyone has grown to like her.. except Maya. I hate it that my best friend won't even talk to my girlfriend. She'll be in the same room as her, but as far as communicating with her, nope. I need to get them talking, so, I decided to text Maya.

Lucas: Hey Shortstack.
Maya: Huckleberry.
Lucas: Do you work tomorrow?
Maya: No, why?
Lucas: I want you to hang out with Jess, I really think you will like her.
Maya: Actually I think I do have to work.
Lucas: Maya...
Maya: Why? Why do I have to do this?
Lucas: because you're my best friend and she's my girlfriend and I want you two to get along. Please do it for me.
Maya: ...Fine...
Lucas: thank you.
Maya: whatever.

I put my phone away and looked at Jess. She looked up from her book and smiled at me.

"What's up?" She asked with an angelic smile.

"So I talked to Maya, she's willing to do lunch tomorrow." I replied to her.

"Really?" She said as her face lit up.

"Really, really."I said with a smile. "I want you guys to be friends. Maya is just stubborn when it comes to new people interfering with our circle of friends." I explained to her.

"I get it. You don't need to explain it." She replied. She seemed to have something on her mind.

"Something on your mind?" I asked her.

"Yeah actually." She paused briefly. "We've been dating for awhile now and I think it would be fun to get a cat together."

"That sounds great sweetie, maybe we can go the day after tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Sounds perfect. I'm gonna get ready for bed." She said as she leaned forward and kissed me softly on the lips.

"Night, babe." I replied while watching her walk away.

Maya's POV

-The Next Day-

"Riley I don't want to do this." I whined to Riley about having to go to lunch with Jess.

"Maya she's not that bad." She tried reassuring me. "Besides I think she's good for him. He's been so happy lately."

"So you're saying you prefer her with Lucas over me?" I asked her.

"Maya, I didn't mean it like that, but until you tell him how you feel, you aren't going to be with him." She tried explaining to me.

"Minor details." I said as I threw my hands in the air.

"You're ridiculous, you know that?" She asked me.

"Tell me something I don't know Riley." I retorted.

"Well, its almost 11:45, which means you're about to be running late." She said pointing at the clock.