Chapter 24: The Morning After

A/N: I do have another fic in process called "After You Left" I'm taking a different approach on this one. Maya ends up pregnant when Lucas moves and she tried reaching out to him to tell him and his parents intercept her letters, calls etc and it's twelve years later and Lucas returns and comes back to a surprise. I hope you check it out if you haven't already!! I'm probably ending this one at chapter 30 unless you guys want more :)

Lucas's POV

When I woke up the next morning Maya was still fast asleep in my arms. She looked so beautiful and peaceful as she slept. I took my hand and gently moved her hair out of her face.  I leaned in and kissed her softly on the forehead. I couldn't believe how insanely lucky I was to be with her finally. Every time I see her, kiss her or hug her I get a overwhelming rush of adrenaline that never falters until we're apart. I never once doubted my feelings for her because I knew what I felt was real. Everything with Maya was always so real. I looked down to see her starting to stir in my arms. I leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips which she gave into as soon as our lips touched.

"Good morning beautiful." I said after pulling away. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Morning huckleberry." She replied with a sweet smile.

I was completely taken off guard when she pulled me by my shirt to her so our lips are only centimeters apart. I could feel Maya's hot breath on my face.

"You know Maya.. if you want more all you have to do is ask.." I said as in a low husky voice. I got distracted by staring at her lips that were tempting me.

"These type of things need earned ranger rick." She replied in a low, but seductive voice.

I started kissing her from her stomach up to her lips. She gave in to the kiss immediately. We were making out for a good while. When things were starting to get really heated up we heard a knock at her bedroom door which made me nearly fall out of the bed. Maya snorted at the fact it scared me.

"Hold on riles, I'll be out in a second!" She yelled towards the door while not breaking eye contact with me.

She crawled towards me to gave me a kiss and smiled. She quickly got out of bed and got dressed. She checked her hair in the mirror and put it up in a messy bun.

"Lucas I know it's the worst getting interrupted, but you gotta get dressed." She said to me.

"Yeah I know. I spaced out for a minute." I replied to her as she headed out the door and closed it behind her.

Maya's POV

I made sure I closed the door behind me so he could get dressed. Riley was sitting in the kitchen eating a bagel for breakfast.

"Hey riles. Sorry about that, what's up?" I smiled at her as I grabbed a bagel for myself off the plate she had sitting on the table.

"Nothing, I just wanted to hear how your date went last night." She replied in between bites.

"It was perfect." I smiled at her. "He was perfect. It was everything I imagined."

"That's so good Maya. I'm happy your happy." She said sincerely.

"Thank you, me too honestly. Who would have thought me and Lucas would ever be a couple?" I chuckled.

"Beats me, but I'm so glad it did happen. It was getting exhausting watching you two go back and forth and I hope by now the frustration is gone." She smirked at me.

"By whatever do you mean riley?" I tried lying, though most of the time i completely sucked at it.

"Do you really think I didn't hear you two last night?" She said bluntly and my eyes widened.

"Riley.. I'm so sorry." I honestly did feel terrible. No one wants to hear their best friend in that predicament.

"Maya, its fine. I'm just glad your happy." She paused momentarily while she took another bite of her bagel. "So how was it?"

"Seriously riley?!" My jaw dropped. "You know he's right behind that door and is probably listening to every word, no need to boost his ego anymore."

"So it was good? Gotcha." She replied while laughing.

"Did I say that?"

"Are you saying it was awful then?" She asked again.

"I didn't say that either." I replied. "We are not having this discussion at this moment, drop it until later on."

"Hey Lucas I know you can hear me, come eat a bagel!" Riley yelled. Seconds later the door opened and Lucas came out to sit with us.

"Sorry for anything you may of heard last night riley." He said as he sat down and I just put my head in my hands, shaking my head.

"What's wrong peaches?" Riley asked in a sarcastic tone.

"What's wrong is everyone seems to be preoccupied with knowing about my sex life. Last time I checked it was mine and I should be the one to talk about it when I'm ready to talk about it. It's still a new thing and I don't feel like I owe it to anyone to why I'm having sex with MY boyfriend." I said in a testy tone.

"Maya relax, riley is just messing with you and you know that." Lucas tried calming me down and it obviously didn't work because I was still annoyed that this was the topic of conversation for breakfast.

"How would you like it if you asked for a conversation to please stop and it kept going. It's embarrassing." I snapped at him.

"So now I'm embarrassing to be with, wow, okay." He said in a mix of sarcasm and almost hurt. Which is not what I meant by that.

"Lucas, that's not what I meant and you know that. If I didn't want to be with you then I wouldn't be with you:" I explained to him. "I'm embarrassed at the fact my best friend heard me last night."

"Maya for the last time it's fine, I turned on the tv and watched a tv show on Netflix and drowned you two out. It's not a big thing whatsoever, I promise." Riley smiled at me.

"I'm sorry guys, I just get really sensitive about these things. It's hard to explain." I replied to her.

"It's okay, you thought it was a private moment between you and Lucas." She set her food down and took my hand. "To be completely fair you didn't even know that I was home. Your date was amazing last night and just focus on that. Don't worry about what I heard. Just be happy." She said to me.

Lucas, riley and I spent the morning talking and laughing watching tv. Around noon Lucas left for work. I explained everything that happened with Lucas last night and told her how amazing everything was. She knows I have insecurities and I'm working on them. Her and I had a girls day and watched our favorite tv shows on netflix. We normally don't get days like this together so we try to take advantage of it while we could.