Chapter 22: Impressionable

A/N: This chapter is a filler and it kinda sucks so I can plan out the progression of Maya and Lucas's relationship. Do you guys want a detailed suggestive scene between the two of them or just make note that it's happened and move on? This is something I need comments on before I can move forward. I do have this selected as mature so at the same time it's to be expected. Your opinions matter to me too.

Maya's POV

When I woke up it was 730 in the morning. I was still curled into Lucas whom was still passed out. I decided now would be the perfect timing for me to sneak out to go to the bathroom and to say bye to Riley. Just as I was almost completely out of his grip, he pulled me back in.

"Where are you going?" He said before his lips made contact with my neck which sent shivers down my spine.

"I just have to go pee, I'll be back." I sat up. "It's not like I'm dying, you'll be okay without me for 5 minutes. Besides you have to work today."

I tip toed to the bathroom safely and when I came out Riley was coming out of her room.

"Morning Peaches." She said sleepily.

"Morning Riles." I smiled. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good actually. I think I fell asleep after 10 minutes." She replied.

"Oh thank god." I said quietly to myself.

"What?" She asked me.

"Oh. Nothing. I'm heading back to bed." I started to walk away before she stopped me.

"Lucas is in there isn't he." Her eyes directed towards my bedroom door.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said sarcastically to her.

"Whatever you say, Maya." She finally let me go back to my room with no more questions.

I walked back in the room and shut the door quietly. After a few seconds getting lost in thought I locked the door heck up. Lucas was awake and on his phone. His hair was all ruffled from sleeping on it.

"What took you so long?" He looked up from his phone and smiled warmly at me.

"I got intercepted by Riley Know It All Matthews." I said as I sat next to him on my bed.

"She probably knows I'm here anyways." He said as he put his arm around me. I snuggled right into him.

"She does. She flat out asked if you were here." I paused. "Then I told her I didn't know what she was talking about and walked away. So yeah, she knows."

He pulled me closer to him and intertwined for fingers. Just the way he looks at me it sends shivers down my spine.

"So." He cleared his throat. "I was thinking we should go on our first official date tomorrow night. What do you think?"

"I think that sounds perfect." I smiled at him.

"I thought so myself." He leaned forward and kissed me softly on the cheek. "I already made reservations, I just wanted to make sure you'd say yes."

"It's always yes with you Lucas." I replied softly.

After a few hours of just laying there and being together, he had to get ready for work. After he got around and showered since Riley was already gone. He came back in the room and kissed me so softly to say goodbye. I fell into his kiss like mush. When we broke apart I leaned my forehead on to his.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I whispered to him.

"I know. Me too." He paused. "But I did bring you something that I know you'll probably want. Things just kinda escalated last night and I forgot to give it to you when I got here."

"What is it Huckleberry?" I pulled away and looked at him.

He grabbed is bag off the floor and pulled a red flannel out of it. I felt rather confused when he handed it to me. I didn't exactly know what was running through that cowboy brain of his.

"What's this for?" I asked him, clearly confused.

"Think about it." He put his arm around me as I was trying to piece together what this meant. "You and me, in a far away place, there's a million stars in the sky, what do you think it is?"

"Oh my gosh." I gasped. "This was the flannel you wore that night in Texas."

"Precisely." He smiled at me. "It doesn't fit me anymore obviously. I figured it would be something to give you that you would actually like." I could tell he was scrambling to find the right words.

"I love it Lucas." I kissed me quickly and smiled at him. "Will I be seeing you tonight when I get off work?"

"Only if you want me here." He smiled.

"Of course I want you here idiot." I retorted.

After talking for a little bit more he left. I still had a few hours until I had to get ready for work myself. For once I was really happy about life, things are going accordingly. The only thing is I would love to get a better job. Maybe in art. Considering that's what I majored in after high school. This job currently was to get me on my feet. I can do better then be a waitress for years like my mother was. I got out my laptop and started browsing for jobs in my field and I found some great places near by that were actually hiring. The more I thought about it, it is New York City so I'm sure they're always hiring. I decided to put my application in online. It never hurts to try. It would be so perfect for me if I landed myself a job in my field. I miss doing art and simply being around art. At a certain time in my life it was the only way I could really truly express myself to people. I need that part of me back too. I got myself ready for work and headed that way. I was actually excited to go to work because the sooner that happened, the sooner I was to seeing him again. It's a little crazy how much I miss him when he isn't here.