Chapter 23: First of Many

A/N: mature content towards the end. Heads up.

Maya's POV

Lucas went home late last night. We watched movies and cuddled on the couch. It was really nice to have him here and to sit around and do nothing. Typically it's my day off and I'm up at the crack of dawn. First date jitters more then likely. I couldn't stop tossing and turning so I finally stopped ignoring the fact that I wasn't going back to sleep. I got myself up and went to make coffee and breakfast. I decided to make it really simple and got a bowl of cereal. I was sitting at the table on my phone while eating when Riley walked out of her room.

"Morning Peaches." She smiled at me when I looked up from my phone and smiled.

"Morning Riles." I said happily.

"Someone's in a good mood." She sat down at the table with me. "Did Lucas finally get some tail last night?"

"Riley Matthews!" My jaw dropped, I was shocked up her choice of words.

"Well ever since you moved back, you two have had this obscure sexual tension.. so it wouldn't shock me if it happened." She said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I'm happy to inform you that, no, we have not had sex yet." I looked back at my phone. "You pervert."

"Anyways." She laughed. "Did you guys have fun last night?"

"We did. It was nice just watching movies and talking." I smiled to myself thinking about last night.

"I can't remember the last time I have even seen you this incredibly happy." She smiled.

"For the first time in my life I feel like things are really moving in the right direction. I even applied for a job in my field the other day." I explained to her. "Plus with Lucas I just feel like I can do anything."

"You applied for a job in art?" She asked me.

"I did. I haven't heard anything yet though." I said as I sat my phone on the table.

"I'm so proud of you. You've come such a long way since you moved back." She smiled. "Don't think too hard on it, they'll call. They would be stupid not to."

"Thanks Riles." I replied. "If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in the place I'm in now. I owe it to you."

"I know." She said sarcastically.

"Okay, smartass." I retorted.

"Where's he taking you guys for your first date?" She changed the subject.

"I don't know. He told me last night to dress nice." I replied.

"Oh, he's probably taking you somewhere fancy then." She laughed. "If you don't put out after this, then I'll be shocked."

"Riley!" I yelled.

"Do you need help getting ready later or do you need help rather." She laughed.

"I would love your help, but you'll be at work still, the date is at 5." I replied. "I'll see you after so you know details of how it went."