Chapter 10: It's Over

Maya's POV

"Lucas.. you're scaring me, what's going on?" I asked him.

"Maya, you know I care about you right?" He asked me with so much sincere behind his expression.

"Yeah."

"You know I would never lie to you, correct?" He asked once again.

"Correct."

"Okay, what I'm about to tell you may come as a shock and hell you might not even believe me, but I'm telling you this to warn you because I care about you...I saw Josh kissing another girl." He explained.

"What?" I responded automatically.

"I'm sorry. I wanted you to hear it from me rather then finding out I knew down the road and didn't say anything." He replied, I could tell he was being truthful and being honest with me.

"So how did your hand get like this?" I asked him trying to hold back my tears.

"He got smart with me when I confronted him about it and well, Texas Lucas came out of hiding." He replied.

"You punched Josh for me?"

"I did and I'm not even sorry." He responded looking down at his hand.

"I don't want you to be sorry, I appreciate that you defended my honor." I replied and gave him a hug.

I turned my phone back on and I got a mile long of notifications from Josh telling me he was coming over. I couldn't risk sending Lucas home with him on the way. I need to end things the right way with Josh even if he did what he did, I need to be the mature one in this situation.

"Lucas he's on his way. I need you to go in my room and stay there until I say otherwise." I instructed him.

"Are you sure you won't need me?" He asked with a concerned look.

"You'll be able to hear everything, you'll know if I need you, but I need to be the mature one here." I explained to him and he agreed with me and went into my room and closed the door behind him.

I paced my steps through the apartment gathering my thoughts as to what the hell I was going to say to Josh when he got here. A part of me believed this was all too good to be true, I should have stayed with my gut feeling. I heard  a knock at the door and that's when my heart sank. I need to get this over with. I walked over to the door and unlocked it and let him in and we sat on the couch.

"You wouldn't believe the type of night I've had babe." Josh said.

"Yeah? Tell me about it?" I replied seeing what he would tell me.

"Well, for starters Lucas jumped me which is why I have a semi bloody nose. It was out of no where I swear." He replied and I could see in his eyes that he was lying to me.

"Are you sure it was out of no where?"

"What's that suppose to mean?" He answered.

"It means I know you've been cheating on me and I know why Lucas punched you. So save the lies for someone that's ready to buy them because I don't." I responded while fighting back every emotion in my body.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. So next time you want to sneak around on someone, do it where someone's best friend won't see you. Just some advice." I replied.

"So what does that mean?"

"Really? It means we're done. Over with. If you really thought I'd give you another chance, you're sadly mistaken." I explained to him.

"So you just want to forget everything?" He asked.

"I'd prefer to, yes. This whole thing was a mistake. I obviously can't take it back, but I can make sure that it ends here and now." I answered him.

"If that's what you want."

"Clearly that's what I want because if you even gave a shit about me, you would be fighting for me and your not, so it's done." I replied. "I would like it if you would leave now."

"Come on Maya, can't we talk through this?" He started to plead.

"No, we can't. You had your chance and you chose to have your tongue in another girls mouth and for all I know probably much more." I said to him. "We said while I was in high school that we would try things once the timing was right, we tried and you failed. Not me. So you need to leave."

"Alright, I'll go." He said and he tried to give me a hug and I pushed him away from me.

"Nice try jackass. Don't touch me, you lost the right to touch me. Leave." I started to raise my voice.

He left without another word and that's when Riley came out of her room wondering what the heck was going on.

"Peaches what's going on?" She said sleepily.

"Josh and I broke up." I replied.

"What happened?" She asked more alert.

"He cheated on me and Lucas caught him." I replied.

"Where's Lucas now?"

"In my room. I had him go there so Josh didn't know he was here. His hand is a little hurt though." I said to her and it made me feel so bad that he got himself hurt for me.

"What happened to his hand?"

"You're full of questions tonight." I answered her. "When he caught Josh, he punched him. He's fine. I'm fine. You can go back to bed Riles."

"Okay peaches. If you need anything, you'll know where I'll be." She replied and gave me a hug.

"I love you Riles."

"I love you, too."

After she went back in her room, I went and got Lucas some more ice and went in my room to find him passed out on my bed. I sat the ice in a bowl on my night stand and curled up next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. I'm not sure why he always protects me when he doesn't have to, but I know my life wouldn't be the same without him around.