Chapter 1: I'm A Directioner Too!

[AN: I really hope you guys like this! It's a different style of writing than I am used to.]

Annie’s POV

I giggled as Sammy fluffed my hair. She had insisted on making sure I was ready for my big camera debut.

“Stop giggling,” Sammy said frowning at my face. “I’m trying to decide if you need more eyeliner.”

“I’m not wearing eyeliner,” I shot back.

“I know. That’s what I’m trying to decide. Do you think the boys will prefer the natural look? Maybe they want us more made up?” I eyed her up and down. She was wearing zebra striped leggings under a denim skirt with a hot pink top. Her eyes were lined in charcoal eye shadow, and she had bright pink lip gloss on. Super natural there, Sam. “Maybe we should have you put on a different outfit.” I looked down at my own outfit. I was wearing a purple and blue plaid shirt with skinny jeans. It was one of my favorite outfits.

“I like this outfit,” I protested. Sammy rolled her eyes.

“We’re trying to make a big impression here. We’re not going to win this contest dressing like we normally do.”

“Well that explains the zebra leggings you’re wearing.”

“I like these leggings,” she said softly looking down at her legs with a frown. “When I saw them at the store they just looked like so much fun. Too much?”

“Nah,” I said shaking my hand. “They are lots of fun just like you.” Sammy’s smile returned as she looked back up.

“Thanks Annie! You’re the best!” I smiled and hugged her before she bounced away to get the little flip video camera from my desk. She turned it on and pointed the camera at us waving enthusiastically. “Hi! I’m Sammy and this is my best friend Annie!”

“We’re 17 years old and live together in Washington!” I said waving as well. “We really hope that you’ll pick us to join you on your US tour for a month!”

“It would be so amazing to travel with One Direction!” Sammy squealed before stopping the camera.

“Why did you turn it off?” I asked.

“We have to show them exactly why we should win the chance to join them on tour for a month!” I winced as her eyes twinkled in excitement. When her eyes flashed like that it usually meant she had a plan. And it was usually one I would not enjoy participating in. She glanced over at the framed photo of Nora, David, Sam, and I on my nightstand.

“Sams, no!” I protested. “Nora gave us the camera so we can enter the contest. She made me promise to not film her.”

“We can film her in secret! C’mon it will be the perfect angle. It totally explains why we can’t afford to buy tickets to their concert in Seattle.” I frowned. Nora would be really upset if we used her to play the sympathy angle. Let me explain.

I live in a small two bedroom apartment with my best friend Sammy and my twenty three year old sister in law Nora. Six years ago my last remaining parent, my mom, passed away from cancer. At the time my brother David has just turned eighteen, and he legally adopted me to keep me from going into foster care. That didn’t mean I didn’t experience all the delights of a care home for a few weeks before the courts approved the adoption. That’s where I met Sammy. After two weeks of my moping about missing Sammy, my brother went back to the courts and legally adopted her. So technically, she was kind of sort of my sister.

At eighteen my brother was the legal guardian of two twelve year old girls. Then a year later he met Nora. It took him a month just to convince her to go out with him. Nora was great, and she treated me like a little sister and friend right from the beginning. She wasn’t put off by dating a guy with two little kids to take care of. They were married six months later. Life was great, and we were one big happy family. Then last year my brother was in a horrible car wreck. He was on life support for a week before we finally made the decision to let him go. Nora reassured Sammy and me that we would remain a family unit. She made sure she was our legal guardian in the eyes of the court, and we’ve been like this ever since. The three of us not related by blood, but together as one family.

One Month Headed In One Directionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें