Because it hurts too much

Start from the beginning

"No you didn't Kels. Travis isn't like that. And I think you did the right thing. Maybe he's just as confused right now as you were before all of this happened." She said shrugging.

"I don't know Jo, we've been avoiding each other since the kiss." I said and she chuckled and shook her head.

"No Kelsey. You've been avoiding him. Every time you see him advancing to you or even when it just seems like he wants to talk to you, you bail." She said and I frowned at that. Have I really been doing that? I sighed and dropped my head.

"I guess I have been doing it hay?" I said turning my head a little so that I was looking at her.

"Yeah. More than just a little Kels. Maybe you two should just go talk." She said giving me a small smile.

"Maybe, but I'm not ready to talk to him yet Jo. I just need a little time." I said and she nodded.

"Just don't take too long to talk to him Kels. If you do then you will for sure lose him forever." Jolene said and I nodded. We both just sat there for w few more minutes.

"Why you guys all the way out here?" I looked over my shoulder at the voice that h=just spoke. I smiled and got up.

"Hey Tarah, we were just talking." I said giving Tarah Gierer a hug. Yeah she came out to spend some time with the Nitro crew a long with a few other people.

"So we were going to go ski a little. You guys in?" She asked us and Jolene nodded but I hesitated.

"Who's us?" I asked her and she frowned at my question.

"Nate, Special and myself. Nate sent me to come get you guys." She said smiling at us.

"Ok yeah. Sounds fun." I agreed with a smile and then we took off. Once we finally got to the boat I felt a little better after talking to Jolene and laughing with both Jo and Tarah.

"So you're teaching me some trick today." Special said as I got on the boat. I giggled and shook my head.

"You really don't forget do you?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nope. Now come on, you're first." Special said handing me my wakeboard. I glanced at Nate and saw him giving me a small smile.

"Fine, but I might take a while to get into it." I said pulling my shirt over my head and kicking my flops off.

"I'm so excited to get to see you actually on the water in person. I saw your last competition. You were amazing." Tarah said handing me my life jacket.

"Thanks Tarah. Lets just see if I will be able to do half the shit I did that day." I said with a giggle and I pulled my hair out of the jacket after putting it on. "Thanks Jo." I said as I grabbed the bottle of soap from her. I squirted some in my boots and slipped my feet in. I got in the water and smiled contently. The water was so nice and cooling.

It felt good to be on the water with the water whipping through my hair. I of course took all my frustrations out on my board and actually felt a lot better once I called it quits. On the boat I explained some of the trick to Special and he listened intently.

"Ok let me try and then you tell me what I did wrong." He said as he put on his life jacket. I smiled and nodded as he put a wakeboard on and got in the water. He gave Nate the thumbs up and soon he was standing on the board. He went out of the waked and tried to do a tantrum.

I warned him that it as a lot more difficult than it looked but he said it was fine, he'll get it. Well he didn't. He bailed quite a few times.

"You need to go out further and come in with more speed to get better air." I told him as we idled past him.