Two

"You want Valor? As your mate?" Pierre asked in disbelief.

"He's your successor right? He can only receive his title if he takes a mate too." I said as I continued to stare at the man.

"But-

"She's right." He spoke.

His voice was deep and smooth and velvety just like his eyes, but it didn't make me any less annoyed at the entire situation. He stared at me as if he wanted to say more, but he held his tongue.

"Then it's settled." I said, shutting everyone up.

My father looked enraged.

"He is a stranger!" He growled.

"You had no problem forcing me to mate a minute ago, but the second I change your plans you want to get mad? At the end of the day it is me who gets fucked, shouldn't I at least get to choose who by?!" I yelled.

My father veered back in shock at my words.

"Willow! You will watch how you speak to your father." My mother growled, I knew she wanted to be mad but she looked broken.

I bowed my head in respect to her status as Luna, my father turning away from me.

"Alexander, they are not even the same species. He just wants to sleep with her!" My father said, trying to protest.

"Kieran. Willow is a grown woman and it is her choice. The only rule is he has to be a successor. No matter how much I don't like it either, she has the final say as long as she abides by law." Alexander said as he eyed Valor.

I stood up straight, walking to the opposite side of the room, my body suddenly feeling heavy at the thought of what was to come but I knew it must be done. Whether Valor had poor motives or not, at this point I didn't care. I would never hurt James or Solomon in that way and I refused to allow them to hurt for my own gain.

I gripped Valor's hand as I stared him in the eye, the feeling of his cold hand shocked me, my breath hitching in my throat and I cleared it.

Lily cried out for me, trying to reach for me, my Uncle Daniel stopping her and she ran out the door in anger.

I walked slowly, leading Valor through the stares of the people that surrounded us.

My fathers eyes were livid and my mother was crying in my fathers arms, his stare never leaving mine as I exited the house, Valor behind me.

I let go of his hand as soon as we were out of sight. The snow crunched beneath my feet as I walked. I could feel Valor's presence behind me, a few feet away. I guess he thought I'd self destruct at any moment now. I could feel his unease in the night air, but I just wanted this to be done before another stupid law came or something else.

We came to my secluded cabin after a while and I opened the door quietly, taking off my snow covered boots at the door.

He walked in quietly, not sure what to do with himself.

"My bedroom is over there. " I said, pointing to my wooden door.

"Willow, please. Can we-

"Go. Please. We're doing what needs to be done. Do not waste my time." I said.

I watched his jaw clench, but he headed to my room.